Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Fields of Green» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hoses on water tower with apple tree harvest bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi,

Consider a Water Tower that has the Hoses equipment upgrade on it, so it has a range of 3 instead of the standard 2.

Suppose an Apple Trees card is 3 cards away. At harvest time, if you pay 2 water you "Get 1 grain for each Water Tower within 2".

How should this card be interpreted with respect to the upgraded (Hoses) Water Tower?

I see two options.

1. The harvest bonus should be played as "Get 1 grain for each Water Tower within range." Instead of range the number 2 is listed as a reminder that standard Water Towers have a range 2. Thematically this makes more sense to me; apples want a a lot of water, so the more you can provide, the more fruit (grain) they will produce. Apple trees don't care about distance, they just want lots of water.

2. The harvest bonus should be played literally as stated; only Water Towers within 2, regardless of any upgrades, count. (I don't have the cards in front of me, but I think this could potentially rule out the Advanced Water Towers also).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are trying too hard...you do exactly as the text says...every water tower within 2 spaces is very exact...if it was meant to be interpreted the way you would like it to be, it should have stated every water tower within range...so "2" is correct.

You can houserule it however you want but you better be sure to make it clear to everyone else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garry is correct. You only count within 2 spaces regardless of any upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks, that is how I played the card since as you say, it's very specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.