Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Cat Five
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to Chip Theory for a great looking experience and unique thematic setting in an accessible boardgame, as well as a great campaign that I completely guffawed at first glance and the possibility to reconcile and join in late. Also thanks to the Chip Theory team and the many respected reviewers (Man Vs Meeple, Box O' Delights, Board Game Replay) who have so far posted video rules and playthroughs online. They're fantastic, and they collectively convinced me to dive in. I think I've watched nearly all of them, about eight hours or so. Maybe more. I can't tell.

But there's a problem. A big one.

I don't have this game yet, and I ordered late, so simply there isn't enough content available to hold me over until May. I need more written reviews and play reports! I need to know exactly how bones work with backup plans (do attack and defense dice "lock" to bones when they are in the backup plan?). I need to know the baddie-type and tyrant distribution analysis and win-rate percentages. I need to know about learning curves and newbie training sessions and glorious hidden synergies and painful missteps. I need to know if I will regret not paying just a bit more for heavier health chips! Most of all, I need to pour over the rulebook and character sheets compulsively. And yet, I am left wanting in agony. What gives? Why torture me so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
....and you read the last chapter of a novel first, open Christmas presents in October, ....

Why not wait and have all the excitement of discovery when the box arrives to you ?
I don't want to learn everything about a game in advance from others. If I did, all the excitement I might get when the box arrives and I get to play it for the first few times will just be lessened by foreknowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ngajoe wrote:
I need to know the baddie-type and tyrant distribution analysis and win-rate percentages. I need to know about learning curves and newbie training sessions and glorious hidden synergies and painful missteps. [/IMG]

I want to discover these in games with my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cat Five
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Posco wrote:
ngajoe wrote:
I need to know the baddie-type and tyrant distribution analysis and win-rate percentages. I need to know about learning curves and newbie training sessions and glorious hidden synergies and painful missteps. [/IMG]

I want to discover these in games with my friends.

Please do! And share a session report! (In spoiler tags if you want to go with the Christmas present analogy. I'd be grateful)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of those things are explained in CTG's videos.
Don't worry, as soon as us KSers get our hands on the game there will be plenty of videos and session reports etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once is not enough. whistle

Make sure you go to the CTG YouTube channel and refresh the list at least every 10 minutes just to see if there's anything new.

Re-watch those videos listed there until you have the lines memorized.

Heh. Not that I've done any of that. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulfengaard Hrafnson
United States
Cameron Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
Hah! It cracks me up how hard we are jonesing for this game. laugh

Too right. I've played the game so many times in my head that I won't be surprised if the dice arrive already worn out. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.