Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I have a big mage wars for sell and I need to tell apart cards from different expansions. I can see notation in lower left cornet but is there any list which notation is from which expansion?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card ID should actually be in the bottom right corner and follows a pattern of (Set ID)(Letter Indicating Card Type)(Specific Card #). What you seem to be searching for is the first part of the Card ID, the Set ID.

MW1 = Arena Core Set
FW = Forcemaster vs Warlord
MWSTX1CK = Conquest of Kumanjaro
DN = Druid vs Necromancer
MWSTX2FF = Forged in Fire
MWBG1 = Battlegrounds
MWA01 = Academy Core Set
MWAPR = Academy Priestess
MWAWL = Academy Warlock
PS = Paladin vs Siren
LG01 = Lost Grimoire
MWAPROMO = Academy Promo
MWPROMO = Arena Promo

Again, this will be the first part of the Card ID. It will then be followed by only a single Letter and some numbers. The single letter will be one of the following:
A = Attack
C = Creature
E = Enchantment
I = Incantation
J = Conjuration
Q = Equipment

(Disclaimer: Since I notice that you're from Poland I feel I should mention that this information is accurate for the English version of the game. I can't guarantee accuracy for other versions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much Ivan!!
I hace English version so its perfect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add one caveat to Zuberi's post. The Spell Tome 1 and Spell Tome 2 expansions use core set numbering, so if you want to separate everything out (e.g. In order to sell all the expansions separately) you won't be able to separate those by looking at the card number alone. You can find card counts (aka "spell lists") for these and other expansions here:
http://www.arcanewonders.com/resources-and-downloads
(Note that the core set spell list on this web page might be for the 4th printing (with the squarer box and forest-themed board), which has different card counts than earlier printings. This could be true for the Forcemaster vs Warlord, but I haven't checked.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just submitted a work in progress document for uploading on BGG that contains the full list of Arena spell cards by Expansion along with their Card ID. It also has a tab with the Arena Promo card list.

Card ID is only included for the Promo and Equipment cards at this point. As time allows or community input is received, I will update the file to reflect the full list.

Here is the BGG link

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137248/mage-wars-aren...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wtcannonjr wrote:
I just submitted a work in progress document for uploading on BGG that contains the full list of Arena spell cards by Expansion along with their Card ID. It also has a tab with the Arena Promo card list.

Card ID is only included for the Promo and Equipment cards at this point. As time allows or community input is received, I will update the file to reflect the full list.

Here is the BGG link

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137248/mage-wars-aren...

This has now been posted and is available for download.

See you In the Arena!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.