United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
I'm well aware of the boiling hot water/cold water dip to straighten minis, but is this method still safe on pre-painted minis?

If not, is there another method to fix bent spears, flags, staffs, etc.?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is safe, quite a few people have done it with their prepainted minis. BUT use hot/warm water, not boiling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is just 1 month old:
Straightening painted minis with hot water?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this method on about a dozen of my AE mini's yesterday with varying degrees of water temp (not boiling though of course) and wasn't able to straighten anything. In fact, I've never had any real success using this method with any mini ever. They always seem fine at first but just bend back to their original position over an hour or two....cry

That being said it in no way damaged the mini's if you want to try it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hairdrier on ho t setting works pretty well also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
Hairdrier on ho t setting works pretty well also.

I've always had better success with a hair dryer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
jsesta84 wrote:
I tried this method on about a dozen of my AE mini's yesterday with varying degrees of water temp (not boiling though of course) and wasn't able to straighten anything. In fact, I've never had any real success using this method with any mini ever. They always seem fine at first but just bend back to their original position over an hour or two....cry

Once you heat and straighten do you dip it in cold water? I have found that if you do this it helps set the mini in the correct position. Although ive never tried with painted minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
jsesta84 wrote:

Once you heat and straighten do you dip it in cold water? I have found that if you do this it helps set the mini in the correct position. Although ive never tried with painted minis.

Oh yeah, in fact i got so frustrated it wasmt working that i would dip in hot water, straighten the mini part, then hold it in place while i submerged in cold water until it felt stiff. Still eventually went back to its original position. Maybe I'll try thr hair dryer idea next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had success with the hot cold water dip with CMON minis, but haven't tried it what the AE minis yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.