Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
I love playing the app and am considering buying the analogue version. But one thing that makes me hesitant is the accounting.
In the app by about mid game the accounting can get crazy keeping track of how many actions, buys, etc. I have left.

Are there any suggestions on how to keep track of these or do people just keep track in their heads.
Dominion was ok for me. But the relationships between the cards I don't think are as complex as they are in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All you need to keep track of on your turn is:
-no. of servings (finger symbol)
-no. of employments (+Love/2 card symbol)

Both of which are modified by playing maids on your turn, OR through the last private maid you employed with their special effect, or through spending the servings playing maids and/or chambering them.

Love (Heart symbol) is gonna be the total of all the cards in front of you that you played up to you choosing who to employ.

During your very quick turn everytime you play something with a Draw effect, you draw immediately so you shouldn't really have to keep track of that.

So it's no more complicated than Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaryJane Henderson
msg tools
simba28 wrote:
Hi.
I love playing the app and am considering buying the analogue version. But one thing that makes me hesitant is the accounting.
In the app by about mid game the accounting can get crazy keeping track of how many actions, buys, etc. I have left.

Are there any suggestions on how to keep track of these or do people just keep track in their heads.
Dominion was ok for me. But the relationships between the cards I don't think are as complex as they are in this game.

I can see where it can be a problem, but it shouldn't get too crazy as long as you have the maid cards that give bonuses and Love cards visible on the play area so you can quickly add the bonuses at a quick glance. (Don't forget any of the Private Maid effects as well!)

These bonuses don't carry over onto the next turn, either, so that's less accounting you would have to do.

So far, the numbers don't go high enough to be overwhelming, but if you feel it would make life easier, you can buy/use some random tokens or whatever for each of the 3 categories (Servings, Love, and Employments).

BTW, the Draw bonuses take effect (or gets resolved) immediately, so the Draw bonuses don't have to be accounted for. That is one less thing to keep track of as well, as they are used right away.

I personally don't see it as difficult, as long as I have the cards in front of me, and I am aware of what stage to use the bonuses in. You always start with 1 of Serving/Employment, and you just add or subtract as you add maids and use (resolve) their effects.

Use tokens if you feel you must.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
For keeping track of servings (actions) I handle it like I do in Dominion: I place cards on the table vertically if they provide one serving and place two side by side below if the card that played them provided two. This way if I can play another card then I have an exposed serving symbol I can play on top of. I draw cards as I play cards with draw symbols. When I'm done I add up hearts, and employs and go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.