Subject: Legacy/Campaign game advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Bruno
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing games for a while, mostly light to medium with shortish playtimes. I am thinking of trying to host something with a campaign, something we can play over a number of sessions. I think with my friends I wouldn't want anything too compex, these are people who mostly play party/casual games. We iike quick or silly games. We as a group have played a few more serious/lengthy games in Talisman and Dead Men Tell No Tales.

If I say some of the ideas I have had people can give their opinion and also suggest others

Hogwarts Battle - Might be ideal, I have a few Harry Potter mad friends. If USAopoly would only get around to releasing this in the UK
Pandemic: Legacy - I play The Cure with my girlfriend and its one of our favourites. Everyone seems to love Legacy. Would the game still work for people who have not played regular pandemic?
Mice and Mystics - Might be too complex, I guess I could GM it and no-one else have to worry about the AI.
T.I.M.E Stories - Hear nothing but good things, but really don't know anything about it. Can you know anything about it without spoiling it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they like Harry Potter, they will likely enjoy Hogwarts Battle. The first few games are kind of boring (really just meant to teach deck building). But once you get to year 4 it picks up.

You can play Pandemic Legacy just fine without having played regular Pandemic. Though the game suggests to play one normal Pandemic game first before adding the legacy deck in. It's a good way to teach the basic rules of Pandemic before throwing in additional stuff.

Mice and Mystics is not that complex. It's basically move and attack with and occassional search thrown in and a pretty a good story. My kids play it with no problem. I think our daughter started playing at 7 or 8. Our 5 year old sometimes plays along as well (though we pretty much tell him what to do - he just likes to move the figures and roll dice).

All three of these games are limited at 4 players if that matters. Pandemic is probably the shortest of the bunch in terms of length, though they all can play in about 1-2 hours. Given what you have said, all of these are probably good possibilities. I haven't played Time Stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.