Hide
6 Posts

Covert» Forums » General

Subject: Why is this interesting game so expensive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikomakhos
msg tools
Being still pretty new in the hobby, it appears I do not know a great deal about how board game prices are formed. I'd love to play this interesting looking game, but it seems really expensive in Europe right now. For instance, it's currently 68€ at Amazon.de, around 59€ in Scandinavian stores, 46£ at Boardgameguru and 49€ (discounted) at Spiele Offensive. (I hope it's not verboten to mention game store names?)

The components don't seem that expensive. So why the high price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
Games from usa are Always expensive due to import fees.
The components are really good quality and the dice are a good quality aswel.

Renegade games are not cheap aswel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikomakhos
msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Ok, so the game is reasonably prices in the US but becomes costly after overseas fees. Is it so that a European game company could buy the foreign rights (or something) and reprint the game in Europe, so that it would be less expensive?

What are the chances for that happening to Covert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if that will happen. I don't think renegade games has an european partner.

For an example look at eggerspiele and stronghold Alliance.
Eggertspeile games are cheaper here in europe than the same game here in europe from stronghold.

eggertspile around 38 euro for great western trail and stronghold around 60 euro for the same game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikomakhos
msg tools
Thanks. I guess I'll just hope I can find a second hand game for cheap. (I admit I didn't even realize this game is American. It has Big Ben on the cover, designer's name sounds european and, well, it's set in Europe... Water tight logic, right!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikomakhos wrote:
Thanks. I guess I'll just hope I can find a second hand game for cheap. (I admit I didn't even realize this game is American. It has Big Ben on the cover, designer's name sounds european and, well, it's set in Europe... Water tight logic, right!)

I'm from Wisconsin. So, Western Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.