Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Ideas and advise on online board game portal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bram D
msg tools
Hello everyone. I will start by introducing myself because I am new to the forum. My name is Bram and I am from the Netherlands. I have been fond of board games for quite some time. Next to my love for board games, I like to develop software.

At the moment I am working on an online board game portal, focused on 'party gaming'. The idea is that players use their mobile phone as a controller to act and the game is shown on a tv / computer monitor. The concept is similar to a gaming console (like xbox, playstation) except for the fact that the controller is your mobile phone (a website / app), you do not need an extra device because the game is shown on a website and it is focused on board game like games. Most important is that it is aimed towards 'social / party' gaming on one location and not multiplayer spread across multiple locations.

To go forward, I would like to have input from the board game community (you guys).

Do you think that you would give this concept a try?
What do you think what functionality should definitely be implemented? Examples could be: score and rankings per party group that plays multiple games instead of on a one game basis or avatars.

Next to that, At the moment I am working on a risk (kind of) game and some card games. What game-concepts do you think that might be suitable for this kind of concept? Examples of board games would also be helpful!

For now I think that the concept might be used by families and groups of friends, what target groups do you think that might also like it?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Galbreath
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds a whole lot like the JackBox Party Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram D
msg tools
Thanks for the responses. I know about the Jackbox games. The idea is quite similar yes, the difference is that I would like to not only include 'word' games but also more traditional 'board like' games, like monopoly, risk kind of games et cetera.

I do appreciate your suggestions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.