Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
5-8 player tests needed ????

Hi there,
If you would want to try the below rules, at any player count, it would be much appreciated!

- Simply take control of 1 rider each, not a whole team. Ditch the player boards.
- Youngest picks rider first, and places last in starting area.
- All other rules stay the same.

If you test it all I really need to know is if a) it was entertaining and b) any concerns?

Thanks in advance!
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it every rider for themselves, or is it still team oriented?
Can each individual make a deal with any other rider?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every rider for themselves. It is a large breakaway getting in to the last 6-7 km together, but all on different teams.

Happy racing
Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Will try this out tonight at 5P and then 8P. Would like to do about 5 games at each player count over the week. Will keep documents in notepad and will report back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugbydave wrote:
Will try this out tonight at 5P and then 8P. Would like to do about 5 games at each player count over the week. Will keep documents in notepad and will report back!

This would be a huge help! Please make sure to note the full names of all testers too

Regards
Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Peter Bak
Denmark
Hoejbjerg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:
(just to be clear)

- So 8 players can take part in this?

- And if a player takes a sprinter that player should take the deck that applies to that mini? (blue sprinter = blue sprinter deck)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Hallo! We have done our first 6P playthrough with these rules. I took some notes and will upload them here this afternoon. Please read them and let me know what other things you would like me to log, or if there is an easier format for you! I am unsure what you wanted me to log, so please feel free to let me know if you would like me to take notes of certain things; it is no problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most important questions:
- were players entertained throughout?
- did they have fun?
- where did the different rider types finish?

Happy racing
Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Oh no,I think I took way too much data! I'll absolutely be able to answer your three questions, but I broke our playtest document into each round, who played which card, who got exhaustion/slipstream, and any interesting notes about that round. I also tracked who was 1P, each of the players, the starting setup and the final ending!

My apologies. It was easy to do since we have the template made already, but for the next few runthroughs, we'll just track those three questions for you. Sorry again! laugh

(NB: We just bought 13 Minutes and are excited for it to arrive!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to apologize, you should be thanked

What do you mean by "who was 1p"?

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugbydave wrote:
Oh no,I think I took way too much data! I'll absolutely be able to answer your three questions, but I broke our playtest document into each round, who played which card, who got exhaustion/slipstream, and any interesting notes about that round. I also tracked who was 1P, each of the players, the starting setup and the final ending!

My apologies. It was easy to do since we have the template made already, but for the next few runthroughs, we'll just track those three questions for you. Sorry again! laugh

(NB: We just bought 13 Minutes and are excited for it to arrive!)

You can never do too much stats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Slotracer wrote:

Haha wait until you see my notes! I'm embarrassed already - basically you'll be able to replay our game just from the notes

AsgerSG wrote:
No need to apologize, you should be thanked

What do you mean by "who was 1p"?

Asger

Oh I simply meant in my copious notes, I was tracking who was the first player is all. I told you I went a little overboard laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugbydave wrote:
Slotracer wrote:

Haha wait until you see my notes! I'm embarrassed already - basically you'll be able to replay our game just from the notes

If that's the case, bring us all details.
Did you take pictures too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Slotracer wrote:

If that's the case, bring us all details.
Did you take pictures too?

I will post everything here a bit later today! I did not take pictures of the first runthrough, but we're doing a second 6P runthrough with these rules tonight and I shall snap a few pictures. It's interesting how the Peloton sticks together for a large part, which makes breakaways/attack a larger issue than, say, a 2P game. I am loving this game more and more because it becomes slightly different things at different player levels; it's not just playing the same game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wegge
Denmark
flag msg tools
I will try to see if I can find some friends to try this out over the weekend.
Sounds interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Hi! Ok, so here is my crazy first runthrough of your rules. Again, my copious apologies for the data. The next few runthroughs won't be like this. I've attached pictures of Rounds 12, 14 and 15 (the final push). Please let me know if you need anything different for the next runthroughs!

Flamme Rouge 5-8 Playtesters Needed
3/14/2017
**6P Course: Firenze - Milano **

Starting Lineup
GS | BS | RS | START
RR | GR | BR | START

Players
RS (1P): Davi Ross
RR (2P): Eska Ross
BS (3P): Koa Ross
BR (4P): Gabi Lucas
GS (5P): Laika Ross
GR (6P): Nenem Lucas

================

Round 1
*RS: 2
RR: 4
BS: 5
BR: 4
GS: 3
GR: 4
E: BR, BS
S:

Round 2
RS: 3
*RR: 5
BS: 4
BR: 3
GS: 5
GR: 5
E: GR, BS
S:

Round 3

RS: 2
RR: 3
*BS: 4
GR: 3
E: RS, BS
S:

Round 4 (Peloton finally splits up briefly, but slipstream brings it back together)
RS: 5
BS: 2E
*BR: 3
GS: 4
E: BR
S: everyone but BR

Round 5 (first of the hills, BR breaks away by 2 squares, rest are grouped)
RR: 5
BR: 5
*GS: 3
E: BR, GR, GS
S:

Round 6 (green played the best here, peloton broke up by one sqare each but no slipstream; 3Rs on ascent/3Ss on descent)
*GR: 6
E: RS, BS, GS
S:

Round 7
(3Rs ahead, 3Ss still on descent, separated by 2 squares)
*RS: 4
BR: 2E
E: RS, BR
S:

Round 8
RS: 2E
*RR: 7
BS: 2
GS: 2
GR: 2E
E: RR, BR, GR
S: GS, BS, RS

Round 9 (Peloton breaks up a bit before the second hill; RS/BS far behind)
RS: 4

RR: 6
*BS: 2E
GS: 9
GR: 6
E: RS, RR, BS
S: GS, GR, BR

Round 10 (all riders would get S but on ascent, BS ends 6 squares behind)
RS: 9 (had choice of 9,9,5,2 - chose 9 to catch up, even though only got 7 moves due to hill rule)
RR: 7 (had choice of 7,7,2,3 - in lead and chose 7 to eat up as much hill as possible and save low cards for descent)
BS: 3
*BR: 5
E: RR, RS, GR, BR, BS
S:

Round 11 (BR blocked on ascent, BS still behind/not even in ascent yet - GR/RR in the lead and on descent)
BS: 9
BR: 6 (looked in discard)
*GS: 4
E: BS, GS, RR, GR
S:

Round 12 (GR/RR got 3 free moves on descent, still in lead; BS still behind but catching up)
RR: 2E
GS: 2E
*GR: 2E
E: all riders took E
S:
Round 12 PIC:

Round 13
(Peloton semi-groups back together except for GS/BS)
*RS: 5 (looked in discard)
RR: 6 (looked in discard)
BS: 2E (had 3 2Es and 1 regular 2)
BR: 7
GS: 2E (had all 2Es and a 9)
GR: 7
E: BS, GS, GR
S: BR

Round 14 (BS stuck back far behind again, getting frustrated; RS at square before finish)
RS: 9
*RR: 3 (had all 2Es and a 3)
BS: 9 (lost 4 moves just to get out of ascent)
E: BR, BS, GS
S:
Round 14 Pic:

Round 15
(BR 1st, one square before the end, GR ends behind BR, RS ends behind RR, RS behind GR/RS, BS/GS still not crossed the finish but GS across the finish)
RR: 7
*BS: 9
E: BS
S: GS (S across the finish)
Round 15 Pic:

====================

ENDING:
1st: BR
2nd: GR
3rd: RS
4th: RR
5th: GS
6th: BS

NOTES:
Only 1 person had played the game before (me, Davi), the others were new to it. All had fun. Only issue was with BS who couldn't keep up with the peloton or breakaway and kept getting exhaustion. Because of this, by the time they hit both ascents, their deck was starting to get stacked against them. They related they had fun but it was frustrating because they had no way to catch up. I looked over their moves as well and it's true, even I (who have played this game numerous times) couldn't find any real constant strategy (no options of -1/3, etc). The game went quickly, and had a few tense moments, two being the second ascent and descent, and the run up to the end. Our next game tomorrow will be the starting course (with no hills).

EDIT: Yikes I just realized these pictures were taken with my old phone and not my new one - will take all later photos with my new phone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Hi! Here's the second runthrough with these new rules. We played 8P this time with a custom track with one small ascent/descent(3squares up and down). We found this game to be not as fun as the 6P, only because the peloton stayed together almost the entire game. We also felt that playing 8P without an ascent/descent would be even less fun. We felt that having at least 2 ascents/descents would be great for this many players! The game took about an hour to play.

Flamme Rouge 5-8 Playtesters Needed
3/19/2017
**8P Course: Custom Track/1A;1D (abcdefghijkmLnsoptqru)**

Starting Lineup
GS | BkR | BS | RS | START
BkS | RR | GR | BR | START

Players
RS (1P): Davi Ross
RR (2P): Gabi Lucas
BS (3P): Laika Ross
BR (4P): Eska Ross
GS (5P): Nenem Lucas
GR (6P): Koa Ross
BkS (7P): Rita Lucas
BkR (8P): Cassia Lucas

================

Round 1
*RS: 2
BkS: 4
BkR: 5
S: everyone but BR
Leader: BR
Back: BkS, but still in peloton

Round 2 (riders tries to keep the peloton together)
*RR: 4
BkS: 2
BkR: 3
S:
Back: BkS

Round 3 (BR has taken E all 3 round; Peloton still together)
*BS: 4
BkS: 3
E: BR, GR
S: RS, GS, BkS
Leader: BR, GR
Back: BkS, GS

Round 4 (BR finally stops taking E; Peloton still together)
*BR: 3
BkS: 5
E: BkR
S:
Leader: BkR
Back: GS

Round 5 (RR attacks, BR is blocked completely; Peloton still together)
*GS: 5
E: RR
S: RS, GS, BS, BkS, BR
Leader: RR
Back: BR

Round 6 (RR takes second lead E; peloton takes S to stay together)
*GR: 4
BkS: 2
BkR: 4
E: RR
S: everyone but RR
Leader: RR
Back: GS, BkS

Round 7 (Peloton still together)
GR: 2E
*BkS: 4
BkR: 4
S: BR
Back: BR

Round 8 (Peloton still together)
*BkR: 4
S:
Back: BkS, GS

Round 9(BkR takes lead and 3 E in a row, is in lead by 3 squares; other riders in Peloton)
*RS: 5
BkR: 6
E: BkR, GR, RS
S:

Round 10(GS attacks before the ascent but is blocked by 2 spaces, GR is blocked by 2 spaces; Peloton back together)
*RR: 7
BR: 6
BkR: 2
S:
Back: BkS

Round 11(only GS/BS started the ascent, other riders blocked at the base; Peloton still together)
*BS: 5
BR: 6
BkS: 9
E: GS, BR
S:
Leader: GS, BR
Back: RS

Round 12 (a few wasted high cards to get through the ascent; Peloton still together)
*BR: 5
GR: 6
BkS: 4
S:

Round 13(RR, RS, BS last to get through ascent; Peloton breaks up into two groups separated by 2 squares (5 in front, 3 in back)
RS: 2E
*GS: 2E (gets 3 free moves on descent)
GR: 2E (gets 3 free moves on descent)
BkS: 2 (gets 3 free moves on descent)
BkR: 2E (gets 3 free moves on descent)
E: BR, RR
S:

Round 14(BkS attacks for the push to the final, final riders descend; Peloton Ss back together)
RS: 3 (gets 2 free moves on descent)
RR: 3 (gets 2 free moves on descent)
*GR: 6
BkS: 9
E: BkS
S: everyone but BkS
Leader: BkS

Round 15(BkS finishes first, BS ran out of cards before the FL but takes E; Peloton Ss back together)
*BkS: 9 (crosses finish line first)
BkR: 7
E: GR, BS
S: RS, RR, GS
Leader: GR, BS

Round 16 (BkR takes 2/RS takes 3 and both go to the end, )
BkS: FIRST
*BkR: 7
E:
S:
Leader:
Back:

====================

ENDING:
1st: BkS (2 squares past the line)
2nd: BkR (all the way to the end)
3rd: RS (all the way to the end)
4th: RR (3 squares past the line)
5th: BS (just over the line)
6th: BR (4 squares past the line)
7th: GS (4 squares past the line)
8th: GR (3 squares past the line)

NOTES: This was the first 8P game we played. We took the basic Corsa Rosa track and added a small 3-square Asc/Desc smack dab in the middle (just to give some excitement). We will be playing the basic course on the next playthrough, just to see how it goes. For the first 9 rounds, the pelton stuck together, with leaders and last place riders switching between a few players - then, one rider attacked by a few squares with the rest of the riders staying in the Peloton. From that round through round 15, the peloton got back together either though cardplay or Ssing. Black Sprinter crosses the finish line first an entire round ahead of everyone else (Black Sprinter was in last place for the first few rounds and was only in the leader position once). Black Rouleur was ahead for a few rounds of the game but crossed second. Blue Sprinter ran out of cards but got an E card on the last round, which barely brough her over the finish line. All players had fun, and the ascent really screwed with things (making for a tense, fun game). Green Sprinter was behind for a large part of the game and ended last, but still had good fun!

As with the last play through, the players had fun, but some wanted to try the game by using 2 riders each, so there can be more strategizing. With this many people, the peloton stayed almost the entire game and there wasn't that much exhaustion (except for the leaders and occasional second group leader). We all felt this game went quicker and was less fun than the 6P version. I think a course without a hill would be even less fun, but we'll try it and see. I think at least 2 hills would help break things up if you're going to play these rules with 8 people. Just my thoughts right now!

Here is a picture of the board overview:

And here's how the finish line looked:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Asger, do you still want help with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugbydave wrote:
Asger, do you still want help with this?

Yes please! We've still got a few weeks to tweak. I'm happy with it, but I might have missed something.

Regards
Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Christensen
msg tools
I believe there is an error in the way you play. Otherwise the red sprinter could not end in the left (outside) lane in turn 15, as he was in the lead in the end of turn 14.

The rules state under movement phase in page 3: Starting with the frontmost rider, move each rider forward the exact number of squares on his matching card.

I believe you play such that you take turns being first to move. This removes the one advantage of leading in the wind and having the first move.

Edit: Now the "1P" tracking you mentioned above also makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.