Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Whipple
United States
South Dennis
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
First off, appreciation to the BGG community for the help filling all the gaps in gameplay rules. This game seems to have quite a few.

Can someone connect the dot for me on rolling for environment? I have base game and I see a reference for rolling for environment at start of every turn but no explanation on how that is done.

Also key word "rear most" the player aide says soldier(s) closest to mission card......yeah ok...what about them?

Started playing board games about two years ago, mostly military sims and this rule book strikes me as the most confusing and difficult to use I have seen. As a retired military guy I understand I have been spoiled by my experience with "Regs", tech data and checklists, which are constantly updated to ensure they are comprehensible (if it can be misunderstood, it will be). If ever there was a rulebook in need of a quick reference guide this is it. Digging through the example of play is not a helpful way to learn the ROE...it is an excellent way to clarify but not establish the baseline. Rule book team needs a "come to deity of your choice" meeting on getting a useful rulebook out the door. Crawl, Walk, Run is a useful concept to address learning curve...this one crawls, Runs, deep dives, runs and deep dives again....yikes! OK venting complied with.

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi!

Rear Most / this means when placing the hostile on the board you put it in the location which is closest to the Mission Card that also contains at least one of you Soldiers. ( basically they are coming up behind your squad ).

The rulebook doesn't actually tell you this so I had the same problem. In the example of play it shows you how it works.

Environment / this doesn't mean anything in the base game because there are no cards with the Environment keyword. Just skip that step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look through the key word booklet.

This explains a number of those things that are most confusing.

Environment rules were put into the core game in preparation for Expansions with adverse environmental conditions - Pacific will add Hot and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the key words lacking. For example:

Rear Most / this means when placing the hostile on the board you put it in the location which is closest to the Mission Card that also contains at least one of you Soldiers. ( basically they are coming up behind your squad ).

OK, but in the example of play at the back of the rulebook, the rear-most is placed IN the mission card. This is not closest. Closest would be adjacent to the mission card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.