6 Posts

Pax Renaissance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Commerce Op and Trade Fair cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Wickens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me it is a little unclear whether for the purposes of the Commerce op the player can take the florin from the trade fair card (which is part of the market for East or West). By my reading it seems you could but it is unclear. This can be significant because sometimes there wont be florins in the face up market cards if people have been buying the cheapest cards and also because you sometimes might want to shrink the amount of money available for trade fairs.

Any thoughts on what the rule is or should be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The facedown card belongs to the market and the rule says "any card in the east Market card row or the west Market card row", so unless it is poorly written, you can take it from the facedown cards. That's how i play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNeely
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We look at it as a banker's usage of commerce to thwart another's attempt to cash in from a trade fair. A lot of times, we'll pull money from the facedown card simply to make it less likely for a banker (with many concessions) to take advantage of having great presence on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
benme wrote:
To me it is a little unclear whether for the purposes of the Commerce op the player can take the florin from the trade fair card (which is part of the market for East or West). By my reading it seems you could but it is unclear. This can be significant because sometimes there wont be florins in the face up market cards if people have been buying the cheapest cards and also because you sometimes might want to shrink the amount of money available for trade fairs.

Any thoughts on what the rule is or should be?

Take the florin from any card in the Market, including Trade Fair cards. I added a parenthetical to F2 in the Living Rules to clarify this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wickens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.