Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Elder Drake Boss Special 1 is an AoE cone-shaped attack which I'll just refer to as dragon's breath.

The rules for the Scenario say the drake can attack from any of his three hexes, but the picture of the AoE shows three gray hexes.

We played that when breathing, the three gray hexes had to line up with the drake's perch, effectively making the drake have to choose a 'side' to breathe down on, and not being able to attack outward from the 'point' of the perch.

Did we play it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
seems about right.

aoe from one of its tree sides, normal attacks from any of his 3 hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:

aoe from one of its tree sides.

But one of its three sides on all three perches is the edge of the board, so its effectively one of two sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Morthai wrote:

aoe from one of its tree sides.

But one of its three sides on all three perches is the edge of the board, so its effectively one of two sides.

I didn't really looked on the map, in a vaacuum the ruling would work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Renkas
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Any clarification on this? Does special 1 have to align the same as on the monster stat card? Because, the special rules in the scenario book state that any hex on his perch can be used to attack from. Rather confusing..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Renkas
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Reis
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
NateTGreat wrote:
Bump

You bumped the thread after only waiting an hour?

And I have no clarification on this.

The only thing from the FAQ is:
Quote:
Additional special rule - The boss is immune to any ability or effect that would affect its position on the map in any way (e.g. push, pull, forced movement, etc.).
This scenario should have an additional requirement: "The Drake Aided (Global) INCOMPLETE." Additionally, completing this scenario should also trigger - "Lost Party Achievement: The Drake's Command."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that the inclusion of all 3 grey hexes means that it is locked into one of those three (two) directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Elder Drake Boss Special 1 is an AoE cone-shaped attack which I'll just refer to as dragon's breath.

The rules for the Scenario say the drake can attack from any of his three hexes, but the picture of the AoE shows three gray hexes.

We played that when breathing, the three gray hexes had to line up with the drake's perch, effectively making the drake have to choose a 'side' to breathe down on, and not being able to attack outward from the 'point' of the perch.

Did we play it right?

Yes, you played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mb
In case anyone comes upon this thread, this is the Drake's AoE field. Note A and B have 3 possibilities (although 1 of them is only 1 hex), while C has only 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Gallorini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about this boss from scenario 34.

In the Special Rules from the scenario it is written "The Elder Drake summons two Zephyrs, [..], then flies" while on the Elder Drake monster card it says "2: Move and summon 2 Zephyrs"

So Boss Special 2: is the sequence Summon then Move or Move then Summon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mb
er_prana wrote:

In the Special Rules from the scenario it is written "The Elder Drake summons two Zephyrs, [..], then flies" while on the Elder Drake monster card it says "2: Move and summon 2 Zephyrs"

Not really sure, I would follow the scenario rules, but if an official answer doesn't come up decide as a party how to do it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
er_prana wrote:

Summons and then flies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.