Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Lovecraft Vault for Arkham and Eldritch Horror storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Geeeee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All
I thought I would share my thoughts on my new storage box for Arkham and Eldritch Horror base games and expansions. I searched a long time for suitable options. I decided to go for a UK supplier Optical Power Ltd who do a range of laser cut storage units for various games. I ordered a Lovecraft Vault which comes with 4 storage layers and a laser engraved lid with Innsmouth port on it. The layers interlock on top of each other.

I have got all the above games and expansions in the vault on the left, There is still room to add more, which will be Miskatonic and Innsmouth expansions when I get them.

The vault itself weighs 5Kg empty so gets pretty heavy when everything is added, but it seems strong enough to hold and pick up without everything falling out the bottom shake The layers can be put in any order you like.

Edit: Another picture now approved, showing construction:

The lid has a nice design on it but I decided to try and add something to it. My wife is a card crafter and she uses guilding waxes to add metallic effects to her embossed cards. I applied a gold guild to the lid with a copper guild around the edges. See pics below, Difficult to see the full effect with a camera. When you see it from different angles the gold really flashes.

Lid untreated:

Lid guilded:

The storage layers are split into a big card storage which can hold 5,800 cards (unsleeved)with 30 dividers supplied:

The other layers contain spaces for the small cards, player tokens, monster tokens, gate tokens, Investigator markers,Investigator and Ancient Ones cards, boards, rules booklets etc.

The space for the main boards needs a length of ribbon fixing underneath to enable the boards to be pulled up.

The layers can be added to by buying seperately if needed. I need to do a bit of tidying up and the only issue I found was not quite enough space at the moment for the small cards for all the Eldritch Horror after putting in all the Arkham ones. So I may have a bit of rearranging to do or I may just have to buy an extra small card layer. Fortunately I have enough room on the storage shelf to add one more thin layer.

The filled unit stacked up:

And the beast in its home on the game shelves:

Thanks for looking, Pleased to answer any questions or post any other pictures on request.
John Geeee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice storage unit!

Do sleeved cards also fit? (Meaning: are the card rows wide enough for that?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Geeeee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sleeved cards will fit for the big and small cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnGeeeee wrote:
Hi All

John Geeee

shwing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popular Culture
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mb
JohnGeeeee wrote:
Yes, sleeved cards will fit for the big and small cards.

Looks brill! I saw the image before emailing you! ????

I'll check out this company you mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's gorgeous. Love the map on the lid.

It is a genuine chest or case, or are these a series of layers that slot inside one another yet remain separate?

I'm curious if it assembles into a solid unit for transport.

Thanks!

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Geeeee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhebert wrote:
That's gorgeous. Love the map on the lid.
It is a genuine chest or case, or are these a series of layers that slot inside one another yet remain separate?
I'm curious if it assembles into a solid unit for transport.
Thanks!
James

Hi James
The layers stack up on top of each other. There are raised top edges that fit into recesses in the bottom of another layer. Therefore you can stack the layers in any order and the lid fits over any layer. There is no external case/box that the layers are placed in. The vault is heavy but it can be picked up and moved/carried as a unit by holding the bottom layer. The layers do not slide around on each other they lock themselves in place. There are videos on youtube if you look for Optical Power Ltd.
Cheers
John Geeee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flash7713
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a heads up for any other Aussies - The Gundaroo Puzzler (http://www.gundaroopuzzler.com.au/) is now making these (and other OP Laser products) under license from OP Laser.

I've been in touch with Kim from the store who has been really helpful. They don't appear on the webstore yet, so you're best to email them directly and ask if you're interested.

I'll be ordering one soon, so will report back with service / product review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.