Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Curse and remove negative condition interaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Based on some answers by Isaac somewhere (don't have the reference), no, you don't. You don't track curses or blesses the same way as other conditions. Basically, someone can get cursed, but no one is ever cursed at any moment in time. Curse is fire-and-forget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit I'm personally house-ruling the "Bless" and "Curse" conditions when they are created during the scenario. Minor spoilers below:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Let's say one of my characters curses a monster. I put the curse card into the monster damage deck per the printed rules. In addition, I put a curse counter (accidentally, but thoughtfully, included in the game) on the afflicted monster and treat it like any other negative condition (stun, immobilize, etc.). The counter remains on the monster until the end of the monster's next turn. It makes Curse a little more powerful because some characters do additional damage based on the number of negative conditions on a monster, but I like being able to see the effect of having cursed a specific monster rather than the more abstract impact to the monster damage deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.