Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Reopening pledge manager? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So initially I had only backed the 2.0 printed materials since I was still unconvinced of the future of this game even though I loved some parts of it and saw the big potential it had.
However, I finally started playing again once stone of life came out, and now I really am in love. I think they finally have the whole thing figured out. I always thought there was something missing after 2.0, and with this new module it feels like all of the pieces are in place.
Now, I ordered the two journeyman boxes during the sale on their webstore, but now I'm wondering about the bunch of modules that where in the add-ons...

Not sure if they will be on sale for everyone else, especially since apparently you needed the stretch goal minis to fill out the ranks that came with the modules...
Does anyone know if they will ever re-open the pledge manager, and if so, would it be worth it to get them even if I don't have all the stretch goal minis? Or should I wait for an eventual retail release that might not happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Lisuzzo
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe...http://megacongames.com/community/#/discussion/2199/wave-3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Highly doubtful. They've told the community the next delivery will be in May 2017. They've been clear that no news means nothing has changed. We've heard nothing on production progress and ETA since early December 2016.

I could see them possibly opening the PM again if production hadn't started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Highly doubtful. They've told the community the next delivery will be in May 2017. They've been clear that no news means nothing has changed. We've heard nothing on production progress and ETA since early December 2016.

Wich would NOT be cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Malefacus wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:

Wich would NOT be cool

No, it would not. angry

At this point in the Journeyman journey, I'll choose to believe them, I'll believe their comments that there's nothing to update us on - that the schedule remains the same as it was in Dec '16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC they said they may open it, but even if they do, some (many?) items won't be available, presumably because they've locked in production numbers.

I think your chances of getting a full pledge and/or all modules via the PM is slim, but I wish you luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I can find is from Kenny on Jan 14th:

Quote:
We will make a final decision about reopening the PM for Journeyman after Dark Frontier. It seems likely though.

I stopped asking because I was getting a bit of a broken record, but maybe it's time for another nudge...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there will be an announcement regarding the PM with the Q1 2017 patch, which I'd assume is coming the last week of this month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, based on the past few months we should be expecting an update on the Journeyman campaign in the next couple of days. Here's hoping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
Phantom Load wrote:
Maybe there will be an announcement regarding the PM with the Q1 2017 patch, which I'd assume is coming the last week of this month?

Is there a patch coming this Q1? I thought they were all busy working on Dark Frontier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Last autumn I got the hunter (and the other recon stuff) cheap on ebay and asked MCG if there was a possibility for me to get the journeyman upgrade for the hunter. The answer was that I would be able to add that to my pledge when the reopened the PM.

But I now I doubt that that is going to happen... I think it's unlikely that they are going to sabotage themselves by allowing more mistakes to happen and making the whole process more confusing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tim-pelican wrote:
Last I can find is from Kenny on Jan 14th:

Quote:
We will make a final decision about reopening the PM for Journeyman after Dark Frontier. It seems likely though.

I stopped asking because I was getting a bit of a broken record, but maybe it's time for another nudge...

Interesting. Then again, Dark Frontier has been complete for quite some time now, so who knows. Yeah, probably worth another nudge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefacus wrote:
Is there a patch coming this Q1? I thought they were all busy working on Dark Frontier.

I hadn't heard otherwise. I guess I'd just assumed that with this quarterly "patch" model they've settled into, it would be coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, lets hope they at least offer some of the add-ons on their webstore when they come in then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.