12 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Buildings 401 and 402 and end game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amilcar Piedade
msg tools
mb
Do these bonuses apply to each of a player's Power Plants when resolving highest sum of Time Travel ranges or do they count as +1 and +2 overall bonuses only?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
mbmbmbmbmb
It adds to the range of a power plant when you use it to focus back on the timeline.

For example if you had both buildings 401 and 104: You can use a scientist on building 104 and then set your focus up to 3 eras back on the timeline.
(2 eras back from building 104 + 1 extra era back because of building 401)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyzx1 wrote:
It adds to the range of a power plant when you use it to focus back on the timeline.

For example if you had both buildings 401 and 104: You can use a scientist on building 104 and then set your focus up to 3 eras back on the timeline.
(2 eras back from building 104 + 1 extra era back because of building 401)

That doesn't answer the question though. Are they in any way counted when resolving the endgame bonus for highest sum of time travel ranges? And if so, how exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 29, where this Endgame Condition card is explained states as a Note:
Quote:
Labs 401 and 402, and the Temporal Tourism Superproject also count towards this sum. Power plants with an X in their range count as 1 towards this sum.

So yes. They do get counted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EPratt wrote:
Page 29, where this Endgame Condition card is explained states
Quote:
Labs 401 and 402, and the Temporal Tourism Superproject also count toward this sum.

Then I'd assume that you add the bonus range to each power plant when counting the sum for endgame purposes…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amilcar Piedade
msg tools
mb
I read the note in the rulebook. My question is about how they count. Not if they count.
For end game purposes, do we add up the bonus just once or once for every power plant we've built.
In my session we added up for each power plant, and the question arose because if we only add the bonus once a different player would have won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Orckimedes wrote:
I read the note in the rulebook. My question is about how they count. Not if they count.
For end game purposes, do we add up the bonus just once or once for every power plant we've built.
In my session we added up for each power plant, and the question arose because if we only add the bonus once a different player would have won.

Ah, my mistake.

Well, it doesn't make sense to me to make it a flat +1 or +2 because the rulebook does not limit the range increase to just one of your Power Plants--it's "Power Plants," plural. So, since the Labs apply their effect to each Power Plant, I'd argue that it's not a simple +1 or +2 to your range total but dependent on how many Power Plants you have. (Ex. if you have two Power Plants and one of these Labs, you'd get +2 or +4 to your range total. And then if you have both of these Labs and two Power Plants, you'd have +3 or +6.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My ruling would be they count +1/+2 per power plant you have (temporal tourism is not a power plant), but I'm not entirely sure it was Viktor's intention as well when he conceived of that objevtive. Let me ask

When i put the 4 vp on 401, this objective didn't yet exist, and i fear ruling it my way would make this building too strong, hence why I need to ask.

EDIT: See below, indeed for balance purposes they count only once towards the objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
I would say that during the game, they add on every action taken in a Power Plant building. But for end game scoring, they add +1/+2 flat to total power, because otherwise it basically becomes a 7 point building (because end game bonus), which is nuts - most superprojects are worth 6, and they're harder to build!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pratt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexa_Elvrayen wrote:
I would say that during the game, they add on every action taken in a Power Plant building. But for end game scoring, they add +1/+2 flat to total power, because otherwise it basically becomes a 7 point building (because end game bonus), which is nuts - most superprojects are worth 6, and they're harder to build!

I agree with this... 401/402 add to the range of any PP by specific amount, so that's a range that is set for that Lab. +1/+2 is something that can be added to any number of PP per turn, but it is still a set number allowed by the lap, not really an increase to each PP. So, there should only be a single added range based off of what is added by the respective lab.

TDaver wrote:
My ruling would be they count +1/+2 per power plant you have (temporal tourism is not a power plant), but I'm not entirely sure it was Viktor's intention as well when he conceived of that objevtive. Let me ask

When i put the 4 vp on 401, this objective didn't yet exist, and i fear ruling it my way would make this building too strong, hence why I need to ask.

I agree that ruling this way, which is how it seems according to the rules, would make the building(s) too strong and is why I think it should be a set amount total and not dependent on the number of PPs that one has. It would be nice to get a ruling from Viktor as this is one of the few unclear things that I cannot see a definitive/fair ruling being obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Péter
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These buildings only count once for the Longest Range endgame condition once - otherwise, like Alexa said, they would pretty much guarantee acing that Condition, and they are worth quite a lot of VPs by default.

Perhaps it would have been a little bit clearer if the note on Page 28 said "...also count towards this sum once".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
petervik wrote:
These buildings only count once for the Longest Range endgame condition once - otherwise, like Alexa said, they would pretty much guarantee acing that Condition, and they are worth quite a lot of VPs by default.

Perhaps it would have been a little bit clearer if the note on Page 28 said "...also count towards this sum once".

I agree that adding "once" would seal the deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.