5 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Escape as bat to Castle Dracula? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Draco Druid
msg tools
Quick question:

When Dracula uses Escape as Bats and moves to Castle Dracula, does he recover 5 wound tokens?

RAW, I'd say no, because the rules specify the recovery happens on the movement phase, but since this a special situation, special ruling _might_ apply.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Allard
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. The rules reference (Castle Dracula) says "When Dracula places rhe "Castle Dracula" card on the trail during the movement step, he recovers five damage." I think it's less about the timing than about the action. Dracula must play the card to recover the points. And once placed, it remains on the track until it reaches the end, which naturally limits how often Dracula may do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nanozawr Nanozawr
msg tools
When resolving “Escape as Bat,” the combat ends immediately. Then,
Dracula may choose a location card of a city that is up to two roads
away from his current location. If he does, he clears the hideout and
places the chosen location card and the “Escape as Bat” card on the first
space of the trail.

Castle Dracula: The location card for Castle
Dracula has a different back so hunters know
when the card is played. When Dracula places
this card on the trail, he heals five damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draco Druid
msg tools
So I checked again: the Reference book says "during the movement phase" while the rulebook does not.

To be fair though, I would allow Dracula to heal. It is very much story appropriate to see Dracula escape his doom during a combat to flee to his Castle to regenerate (and probably prepare for the final showdown).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DracoDruid wrote:
So I checked again: the Reference book says "during the movement phase" while the rulebook does not. To be fair though, I would allow Dracula to heal.

I agree. I think the "during the movement phase" in the Rules Reference should be ignored. Dracula gains 5 life whenever Castle Dracula is placed on the trail, whether by movement or as resolution of Escape as Bat or Wolf Form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.