Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else having trouble getting free post on amazon.de when buying over 29 Euro with prime items. My order is for three items, all prime.de totalling 40+ euros but it still want 6 euros postage. Is there some new Brexit-related restriction in place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Are any of the items from the marketplace thingymajig? ie 3rd party sellers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
According to previous posts:

1) Free postage on orders over €29 does not apply to the UK, although it is valid for some countries (Belgium for example) - there should be a list somewhere if you click around on amazon. I can confirm that, ie there was no free postage option for delivery to the UK when I tried placing an order some time ago.

2) Prime membership is territory dependent, so UK Prime membership is not valid for amazon.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
According to previous posts:

1) Free postage on orders over €29 does not apply to the UK, although it is valid for some countries (Belgium for example) - there should be a list somewhere if you click around on amazon. I can confirm that, ie there was no free postage option for delivery to the UK when I tried placing an order some time ago.

2) Prime membership is territory dependent, so UK Prime membership is not valid for amazon.de

I've even bought Prime Germany and still didn't receive free shipping to UK, so I don't think you're ever going to get around that 6-8 Eur fee. To be fair though, it doesn't ever really get higher than about 8 Eur no matter how much you spend (at least I've never managed to buy enough to break through!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Jakobsen
Denmark
Herfølge
flag msg tools
badge
More grrrrrr!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For Denmark its 39 Euro, eventhough the banner commercials said 29... weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie M.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Switzerland free Shipping kicks in at 49 Euros, regardless of what the page says. There's a list of the different thresholds on Amazon somewhere.

EDIT: The Info for Switzerland is stated on this Amazon.de page Click me. Couldn't find any info on the GB threshold though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Steddum
Germany
Homburg
flag msg tools
Here's something I copied from a post I made in November. Some info might have changed, I didn't re-verify it. UK shipping charges are listed at the link below under "Großbritannien."

jwsteddum wrote:
Amazon.de international shipping rates are listed here.

It looks like Germany, Austria, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and Switzerland get free shipping at 29€.

Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, and Sweden get free shipping at 39€.

Turkey gets free shipping at 49€.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marosvölgyi Péter
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
free postage = amazon sold/packed products only. If you order from third party, third party will charge you.

if you order amazon stuff only:
29 eur = free to germany (+a few selected countries)
39 eur = free to eu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej
Slovenia
Rimske Toplice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maross wrote:
free postage = amazon sold/packed products only. If you order from third party, third party will charge you.

if you order amazon stuff only:
29 eur = free to germany (+a few selected countries)
39 eur = free to eu

39 eur is not free to eu. It is for only few selected countries as well. There are quite a few eu countries that don't get free shipping from amazon.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on which country you are in if there is a free shipping treshold or not . And if there is one how high that free shipping treshold is.

I have the 29 euro treshold for germany.
I do have to pay for shipping when ordering from amazon.co.uk or amazon.com

If you qualify for free shipping and don't get it , than you probably have something from a rhird party seller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Stoneman
United Kingdom
W-s-M
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As others have already pointed out, shipping is not free at any price point from Amazon.de to the UK. That said, if you only order 'Fulfilled by Amazon' items, the 6 euros seems to be the max you'll pay. It made ordering Camel Up and Karuba worth it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, they're all 'prime' items fulfilled by amaz.de (not marketplace or 3rd party) that offer free post if order over 29. It even says 'eleigible for free post' in my basket before final checkout. But then it adds 6 euros. I've tested it with a load of items 'fulfilled by amaz and Prime' but they also charge 6Euros post.

The reason I ask is that I always used to get free postage on prime items totalling 20Euros or so (29 now), but now it seems they've changed.

Have they changed something so you have to be a Prime member to get freepost, as I've never been a Prime member and still not a member. I always used to get free post on a handful of Prime 'fulfilled by amaz.de' items.

What with the £/Euro being so scrap I might have to start supporting UK shops. The horror, the horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.