Subject: Can this be played with just the App? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Phelan
United States
Lake Waukomis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Was just talking to a friend that thinks you can just buy the app and play it without the board game. Can any owners please tell me why this can't happen. I want to win a bet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At your service!
badge
When in Rome...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarkoth wrote:
Was just talking to a friend that thinks you can just buy the app and play it without the board game. Can any owners please tell me why this can't happen. I want to win a bet!

First of all, the app is free.

Secondly, when you open the app, it'll tell you that you'll need the physical game.

So you know, he can just download the app and see for himself.

(He might be confusing the game to Elder Sign: Omens, which costs a few dollars and is a self-contained game by itself.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarkoth wrote:

You cannot play it without the game. You won't have any of the following without the game itself:

character stats (which are only on the character cards not in the app), spell cards and their costs (only on the cards not in the app), items or their info (only on the cards not in the app), dice (though I guess you could buy d8 and make a conversion chart), wound/sanity cards and their necessary info on how you are wounded and what the penalty is (only on the cards), any way to track monsters/investigators and their locations (only tracked on the board, not the app).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above posters. Just download the app and see for yourself. I mean, the app is fully functional, it just isn't a game in and of itself. Of course you can proxy a lot of stuff, but without pirating all the contents of the game from the internet I do not see this happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Phelan
United States
Lake Waukomis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Tovey
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Yup. Can't play it on it's own. You clearly win the bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.