Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying this game/scenario for the first time. The living scenarios add a 1-2-1 colonial infantry to w5525 and w5425. Before these two adds, I can see how the scenario could work, but with these adds, I don't see how the Soviets can gain Harbin by the end of the Soviet Movement Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
potsdambear83 wrote:
I'm trying this game/scenario for the first time. The living scenarios add a 1-2-1 colonial infantry to w5525 and w5425. Before these two adds, I can see how the scenario could work, but with these adds, I don't see how the Soviets can gain Harbin by the end of the Soviet Movement Phase.

Here's a pic to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
It's kind of a Kobiyashi Maru situation, Rich. For players who know the rules cold and play it perfectly, the Soviets can't get to Harbin. This scenario is meant more for a training exercise, not a real competitive situation. If you feel like you have a handle on things, by all means move to the main event!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasprowell wrote:
It's kind of a Kobiyashi Maru situation, Rich. For players who know the rules cold and play it perfectly, the Soviets can't get to Harbin. This scenario is meant more for a training exercise, not a real competitive situation. If you feel like you have a handle on things, by all means move to the main event!

I guess the email made it. Couldn't tell. Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.