Omer Hertz
Israel
Kfar Vradim
Galil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I find that remembering which units received beach supply is a bit difficult at times (it could just be me) and that separating the ports into US/CW exclusive supply points can also lead to some confusion in the heat of the game ('Wait, what do you mean, that unit's OOS? There's a port right there!') so I came up with a (simple) system -
I had some extra (Euro-style) cubes laying around in two colours (red and blue, in this case) and I simply put a number of them (14 each works best) into the NR4 game box, to be used thus -

During the game, each Allied side (US/CW) is assigned a colour (I go with blue for the US and red for the CW, for historical reasons of course) and the appropriate cubes are placed on their (active) ports and beachheads, as well as on any units supplied by their beachheads.

Notice that in the latter case, at most a single side will have 2 ports and 4 beachheads (suppling up to 8 units), which means that the 14 cubes (2+4+8) are the exact sum needed by each side.

This also works for the 3p game - each Allied player is given a colour to correspond to their forces.

At the end of the Supply Phase, simply remove the cubes from all supplied units (keep the ones on the ports and the beachheads - they helps seeing who can draw from what at a glance).

As a side note, I know that 12 such markers were attached to C3i #28 (I think - it's somewhere in the playbook but I cannot seem to find it right now) but that's a bit thin for what's needed.

Anyway, those are my 2 cents - I don't know if you'll find it useful or not, but if you were experiencing the same mishaps as I did, I hope you'll find that this simple solution can make things better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice idea. Plus the cubes look like "supply crates". I'll scrounge some small cubes from an euro game (green and tan) and use them like you proposed. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.