Hide
3 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Painted all minis [Spoiler] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Moekel
msg tools
Got it into painting minis with Gloomhaven, so don't expect anything above beginner level.

Right-click on images -> open in new tab, to see them properly.

Here are the ones I feel rather good about:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Cool minis, able to highlight some of the finer details. Not yet very comfortable with dry brushing.
Decided on my own set of skin colors for the different races, as I strongly dislike how "human flesh" paint comes out (super thin and clumpy at the same time, not happy with that one at all.)

More room for improvement for these:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Don't like the Nightshroud and Berserker mini very much. Nightshroud mini is just ugly compared to its artwork, with something unidentifiable on its shoulder, Berserker has one strain of hair shooting away like a horn and the other attached to her body. Red fur that worked really well for brute cape doesn't look nearly as good on Berserker. Flesh color on sawbone = blergh, need to come up with something for him. Also somehow looks worse after wash. Don't like Vermling fur/clothing distinction very much. Summoner pose meh. Wanted to give Quartermaster a demonic red/black skin vibe, doesn't really work with the rest though I think.

Thanks for taking a look, have a great day!
-Son
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing. I see that your paints seem to be on the lower end of color saturation. What paints are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Moekel
msg tools
SaintHax wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I see that your paints seem to be on the lower end of color saturation. What paints are you using?

Army painter starter kit + black wash (citadel).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.