Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Artur Baginski
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first we understood it that way, that just one damage gets canceled in the case of one attack. But yesterday I wondered that it is the same "gain 1 shield" like on enemy AI cards. Wouldn't that mean, that the shield should be cumultative to the end of the round? So for example, when the hide armor has both charges, first enemy attacks, I get damage -1, the second attack causes the use of the second charge, thus this attack and all following attacks this turn -2 damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny_Bravo wrote:
At first we understood it that way, that just one damage gets canceled in the case of one attack. But yesterday I wondered that it is the same "gain 1 shield" like on enemy AI cards. Wouldn't that mean, that the shield should be cumultative to the end of the round? So for example, when the hide armor has both charges, first enemy attacks, I get damage -1, the second attack causes the use of the second charge, thus this attack and all following attacks this turn -2 damage?

That's how I've been playing...cumulative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of hide armor is that it always gives one shield as a constant effect, but you lose it for the scenario after you get hit twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about it being cumulative.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There's an ability card for the Brute that has 6 spaces, and I seriously doubt that he ends up with a Shield 6 for the last spot. It would be nice if it were, but I don't think that's how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

You have hide armor active. You put a token on the first circle. For your next source of damage from an attack you have Shield1 which negates 1 damage and then you slide the token to the second circle. For the next source of damage from an attack after that, you also gain Shield1, which still negates only 1 damage, and then you slide the token off the card. Edit: and then the card is done until you long rest or you have a way to recover spent cards. /edit From an attack is specified because it won't protect you from damage due to traps, choosing a different card during a short rest, Retaliate, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JorduSpeaks wrote:
My understanding of hide armor is that it always gives one shield as a constant effect, but you lose it for the scenario after you get hit twice.

You can refresh it with a long rest. So you wouldn't lose it for the scenario unless you chose to never take a long rest after those 2 uses of the Hide Armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What armor card has 6 charges from The Brute? That's the one I play as cumulative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
What armor card has 6 charges from The Brute? That's the one I play as cumulative.

Warding Stength. You get 6 instances of Shield1. You do NOT get a Shield1, Shield2, Shield3, Shield4, Shield5, Shield6. That would be madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skyzero wrote:

There is no way you are getting shield 6 during the last charge. It's always shield 1 each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been answered on here before, and maybe in the FAQ.

Hide Armor - gives you a shield on the next source of damage. The shielf effect is not persistent, it's for that instance only; therefore, there's it's only cumulative with other powers granting shields for that source of damage.

The item is not exhausted, it's refreshed during a long rest (as mention above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if you had Warding Strength active AND Hide Armor active, those effects would stack. You would get hit for 2 damage, tick both of them to the next slot, and take 0 damage. Ditto for any other effect that grants Shield.

But with just one of those cards active, its Shield1 for each individual attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/25092393#25092393

This may be of interest and help clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, when there is a small arrow between two circles, it means move your token one space, not add a token.

On some cards, there is an XP symbol within the circles: you gain it when the token slides to the next position. If you just add tokens, you never gain XP...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Warding Stength. You get 6 instances of Shield1. You do NOT get a Shield1, Shield2, Shield3, Shield4, Shield5, Shield6. That would be madness.

Got it, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D G
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Played a game last night where our brute had hide armor, warding strength active, and the 1 armor shield.

He had been targeted by a monster who attacked multiple times and then a separate monster.

One of the attacks was for 1 damage.

We were unsure if a charge was expended for each individual attack.
Also what comes first the class card or the armor?
If the damage is canceled by one of the items do you still lose a charge from the armor/warding strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Delucien wrote:
Played a game last night where our brute had hide armor, warding strength active, and the 1 armor shield.

He had been targeted by a monster who attacked multiple times and then a separate monster.

One of the attacks was for 1 damage.

We were unsure if a charge was expended for each individual attack.
Also what comes first the class card or the armor?
If the damage is canceled by one of the items do you still lose a charge from the armor/warding strength?

When applying armor, it's your choice in what order, and once damage has been reduced to 0, you can't apply it anymore.

So in your case, for 1 damage, you could choose to use any of the 3 (hide/warding/shield) and then not be able to use either of the other 2, even if you would get XP or retaliate or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes each attack cost one activation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Yes each attack cost one activation

only attacks that cause damage.
If an attack does no damage, or if all damage from an attack is negated by other means, then that attack no longer "costs" an activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.