9 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Thieves combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper Kristensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Does anyone know any good combos for thieves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my 100 game challenge, Thieves have won when paired wwith:

- Pirates (this combo won twice)
- Cyborg Apes
- Dinosaurs
- Orcs
- Mythic Greeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Young
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My FAVORITE combo in the game would be Theives + Dwarves. VERY versatile and you can play several different ways. As long as faries or any action destruction factions are in the game you can play focusing on dwarves and play on minion actions.

Let's say Faries are in the game then you could focus on either the "fence" strategy or the "Cat Burglar" Strategy. Fence is pretty straight forward, focus on spreading your minions pretty far and dont worry about being 1st on any base and get most of your points from fence and other similar cards.

The "Cat Burglar" strategy (my personal favorite) is to save Cat Burglar in your hand until you have 8+ Treasures in your hand, basically any card that is not a treasure or Cat Burglar discard. When you drop Cat Burglar you will have an 11+ minion on the field and you can keep the treasures in your hand which works REALLY well with "Potion of Halitosis". Another nice point with this is when you use Potion of Halitosis you can recover it with Gold Digger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Kristensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Interesting. I will have to try those combos. I've only recently bought the munchkin expansion and are trying to figure out the best combos. Some are just hard to get a good grip of. Another faction i haven figured out yet is clerics. Seems like such a random-faction that relies too heavily on chance.
I have found elves/kitty cats to be a real funny combo if you just like pissing your opponents off plus it works really well. Steal all your opponents ressources is the theme here.

Strongest combos imao:
mages/ghost
Halflings/mythical horses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lee
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Clerics+Kitties for an excellent combo. It allows you to recover your Cats (whose abilities are vital), and lets you break bases after taking control of enemy minions via Good Habits/Join the Club. By making everyone +1, it often provides the burst you need to break the base, and since you've taken control it usually gives you first because of the swing in points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies allow the recursion of master thief and car burglar.
Super heroes have stronger recursion and the ability to summon master thief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Young
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ptitmxz wrote:
Interesting. I will have to try those combos. I've only recently bought the munchkin expansion and are trying to figure out the best combos. Some are just hard to get a good grip of. Another faction i haven figured out yet is clerics. Seems like such a random-faction that relies too heavily on chance.
I have found elves/kitty cats to be a real funny combo if you just like pissing your opponents off plus it works really well. Steal all your opponents ressources is the theme here.

Strongest combos imao:
mages/ghost
Halflings/mythical horses

The best Cleric combo I have found involves around HEAVY set up factions.

1 your opponents cannot have any destruction of action/ minion or return to hand/ deck cards.
2 focus on using Deep Friar and Bin and Gone to keep your set up minions alive and scoring multiple bases during 1 turn.

Factions that pair well would be Giant ants, Cyborg Apes, Dwarves/ Theives to an extent. Basically any faction that you can get a single minion really boosted OR a faction with a single minion you want to stay on the field such as Misktaonic's Professor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Kristensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
i tried cleric + elder things keeping your elder thing in play after base scores is really good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Young
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ptitmxz wrote:
i tried cleric + elder things keeping your elder thing in play after base scores is really good

Awesome! Not only is that a nasty combo, being able to recycle migo and byakee with cleric cards.... oh god XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.