1 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Scenario 28: little house of cursed horrors! **spoilers** rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Isaac what do you hate me. I have a feeling when you designed this scenario you chuckled internally knowing what people's initial reaction would be seeing it in the scenario book and what horrors it actually contains.

I decided to play a "quick" scenario last night after the enjoyment of playing with my wife for the first time. Seeing as it was only three tiles I assumed no big deal for my three level 7 mercs.

Well that feeling ended quickly. Playing on level 5 the room is populated with 6 cultists all of which curse you each time they hit you. Ohh and three level 7 living corpses that poison. You're basically trapped in an elevator with 9 enemies to start and as you know cultists summon living bones. With a bad draw there were 15 enemies on the board after round 1. By round 6 My brute had about 6 curses on him.

On the plus side everyone dying meant my spellweaver retired and my scoundrel had made a fortune. But I didn't even come close to winning. This is the first scenario where not have a healer made a huge difference.

For those of you that played this scenario what was your strategy (most likely eliminating the cultists ASAP) in that first room and did you play it on a high level. I think I may need to drop down to eliminate the curse issue with the cultists. Either way this is the hardest scenario I've encountered and it's also the smallest.

Bravo Isaac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.