7 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Beyond the Grave» Forums » Rules

Subject: Necromancer ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a couple of questions about necromancers after playing The Graveyard last night.

1. If the ability is triggered, the necromancer summons the first monster from the Graveyard. If no. 1 spot is empty, does he summon the next non empty?

2. Guard reaction: we had an issue with a hero triggering a guard reaction by moving into the same space as the necromancer ( a non full space).
Since his movement is interrupted by the guard reaction, it is technically possible to place the summoned monster in the same space as the necromancer, thus making it into a Blocked space, canceling the hero's movement.
A. Is this really possible?
B. If so, does the hero lose a movement point?
C. What if the hero was in the middle of a movement that had him passing through a full (but not blocked) space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
1) Yes. If #1 is free, he'll look for #2 and so on

2)
a) Yes. The hero would then simply waste a movement point.
b) yes
c) To see if I understand, you're basically asking a situation like this:

Let's say that Zazu and Seth are in the same guild. Zazu is on the spot with the necromancer. Seth is next to them. Zazu wants to move from Necromancer spot to Seth's.

Necromancer attacks and summons a skeleton into Seth's space - which Zazu can legally move into but can't stop on.

Is that right?

If so, then Zazu would have to continue to move (and get more attacks) if he has movement points. If he can't, then it's like a blocked space and he loses the movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
We had a couple of questions about necromancers after playing The Graveyard last night.

1. If the ability is triggered, the necromancer summons the first monster from the Graveyard. If no. 1 spot is empty, does he summon the next non empty?

2. Guard reaction: we had an issue with a hero triggering a guard reaction by moving into the same space as the necromancer ( a non full space).
Since his movement is interrupted by the guard reaction, it is technically possible to place the summoned monster in the same space as the necromancer, thus making it into a Blocked space, canceling the hero's movement.
A. Is this really possible?
B. If so, does the hero lose a movement point?
C. What if the hero was in the middle of a movement that had him passing through a full (but not blocked) space?

1. Not sure how spot #1 could be empty?

2A. Actually I think the guard reaction is triggerd the moment you declare your intention to move onto a certain position. The guard reaction is then performed and if your intended movement is still possible after, you actually do it.
B. I'd say no, because you haven't spent it yet.
C. see A.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
1) Yes. If #1 is free, he'll look for #2 and so on

2)
a) Yes. The hero would then simply waste a movement point.
b) yes
c) To see if I understand, you're basically asking a situation like this:

Let's say that Zazu and Seth are in the same guild. Zazu is on the spot with the necromancer. Seth is next to them. Zazu wants to move from Necromancer spot to Seth's.

Necromancer attacks and summons a skeleton into Seth's space - which Zazu can legally move into but can't stop on.

Is that right?

If so, then Zazu would have to continue to move (and get more attacks) if he has movement points. If he can't, then it's like a blocked space and he loses the movement.

About C, I was asking just the opposite : it is Seth who wants to pass through Zazu and the necromancer. His first step would trigger a guard reaction, as would his second. Now if the spot he is trying to move into is full, he cannot advance, nor can he stay in the same spot.
If he doesn't lose the movement point it would actually make more sense, though I think I could devise a scenario where he becomes trapped due to multiple necromancers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Okay, got you. I would say the following:

The guard reaction happens before you actually make it to the destination, so you are technically still on your spot, therefore, the necromancer can't place a monster there since your spot is full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Okay, got you. I would say the following:

The guard reaction happens before you actually make it to the destination, so you are technically still on your spot, therefore, the necromancer can't place a monster there since your spot is full.

Just the other way around - can he place a monster next to him?
H - Hero
N - Necromancer
M - Monster
____ ____
|H___|N__|
|____|____|

____ ____
|H->_|N__|
|____|____|

____ ____
|H->_|N_M|
|____|____|

____ ____
|H-?_|N_M|
|____|____|

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.