Unlock! Escape Adventures» Forums » General

Subject: The Island of Dr. G. Can anyone help? *SPOILERS INSIDE* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Pearl
Spain
flag msg tools
Hey people, i need help.
Im stuck trying to solve the scenario of The Island of Dr. Groose.

Im at final stage trying to get into the airplane but i cant imagine how to get to card 63... In fact i dont know how to solve the airplane code neither.

Somebody help me please?

Thans in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annabel Seaton
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
I make dice bags!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this helps ....

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Once you have arranged the cards into a grid look from above. The space/shape around each of the buildings will create some numbers. Good luck! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronny Berrang
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmb
I need the solution, please!
We can't find the numbers in the space around the buildings.
Maybe it help if we know the numbers to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annabel Seaton
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
I make dice bags!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronny82 wrote:
I need the solution, please!
We can't find the numbers in the space around the buildings.
Maybe it help if we know the numbers to see it.

Start with 63. Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enric C
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were fine on time while doing the scenario and got stuck here as well. After a long time we saw it.

This is a BIG spoiler but I hope it helps.

If you still don't see it, read the red lines:

For the plane, it is similar except you have to arrange it in the color patterns displayed on the plane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronny Berrang
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm so stupid!

I could see it before my question here. But I don't look for a card number, but after a code for the app. Oh man...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What hindered us greatly were the instructions. Something about overlapping cards (and the brown/yellow cards DO overlap, with artwork like a post repeated on both cards). Plus those instructions about rotating things this way and that. My enjoyment of the game was greatly diminished by the final two puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really illogical puzzle.
There is no way a person on the island would have access to the information needed to solve the puzzle. It would have been thematically justified if you had found a spy satellite control center on island... or just a map.

Squeek and Sausage SPOILER
This and the game-box-that-does-not-exist-thematically in the Squeek and Sausage scenario really ruins the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Piccoli
Argentina
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Helikoputtrik wrote:
This is a really illogical puzzle.
There is no way a person on the island would have access to the information needed to solve the puzzle. It would have been thematically justified if you had found a spy satellite control center on island... or just a map.

Squeek and Sausage SPOILER
This and the game-box-that-does-not-exist-thematically in the Squeek and Sausage scenario really ruins the experience.

I tried to give you 20 thumbs up, but BGG only allows one. THIS has been our experience with those two scenarios, exactly. Great fun, clever puzzles, enjoyment, and then BAM! the game throws a bucket of cold water on your head.

It would have made a lot more sense if it had a number next to the plane, you fetch the card and it says: "The plane takes off and you fly over the island. As you look down, you notice something odd". In this way, players would know that there should be looking at the big picture from above and would have redeemed this puzzle for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Robertson
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This happened to be the most disappointing clue/puzzle in the two unlock games we have played so far. Even seeing the spoilers above with extra help added, it's really hard to get. Big thumbs down for me from the designers. They really make too big of leaps at times. The rest was really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt T
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmb
qcell wrote:
This is a BIG spoiler but I hope it helps.

You put that Egyptian pyramid card upside down on purpose didn't you /eye twitch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.