Santorini» Forums » General

Subject: why so many coins? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leung Ching Man
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I know the God card Clio uses coins to apply her power, but don't understand why there are so many coins (12 coins) in the expansion box? (she uses 3 coins in buliding the first 3 blocks only) Does it has another function of the coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Future expansions / modes (possibly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Antoniou
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One use i have found is to track Hecate's movements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with dim on tracking Hecate or Tartarus. Coins are also convenient for Morpheus (instead of blocks); the quantity of coins might have been set before Morpheus' wording an non-expansion status was determined.

Future powers will almost certainly use coins and you may wish to create your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most notably for Morpheus, but all of the reasons above.

Plus, this also allows you to play Clio vs. Clio, if you really want to try that out for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question! I was wondering about this too as I explored my newly arrived expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone explain how Clio's power works, in detail?

What happens if she builds on top of another building built by someone else? What happens if she builds on top of one of her existing coins? Does the coin disappear, or go up one level automatically?
Tell me all you can! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you build on a token (including Clio's coins), it gets removed from the board. If Clio builds one of her first three blocks on top of another block, she gets control of an extra-high space no matter who owns it. You could, for example, use your first three builds to make a three-block high space in the center of the board. Against Hera, that might be a good plan, but would it be better to make it only a height 2 with a height 1 space next to it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leung Ching Man
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

Someones have discussed before.[Clio rules need revision] As the rule says [Remove Tokens from the board when blocks are placed upon them.] Coin token will be removed when you build a block upon it.

But Clio power makes [Opponents treat spaces containing your Coin Tokens as if they contain only a dome.], your opponents didn't consider this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand that post, but the rules are written correctly for Clio. Her coin is removed if SHE builds a new block overtop of the old one (although the new block might have her second or third coin on it anyways).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.