André Nettelnstrot
Germany
Oelde
flag msg tools
www.oelder-spieletreff.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

can´t find anything exactly fitting my question in this forum, so I´ll start this thread:

How do I raise the steps for the TR correctly?

- if I use a card, where I can raise temperature by 4. Is this just 1 step in TR?
- if I use a card, where I can place 2 ocean/greenery tiles (at once?). 1 or 2 TR steps up? Does this count as 1 action, or 2?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Forsberg
Sweden
Norrköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
The boardgaming chef!
badge
"Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great"
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 1 raise in TR for every raise in temp/oxygen/ocean so in the first case you get 4 raises in TR

1 card is one action, so its only one action. And as i wrote before, you always get 1 raise in TR for every raise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably clear but in any case - in the temperature track raising two degrees is one step, meaning one TR. I'm saying that because there aren't many things that can raise the temperature 4 steps at once like you asked about (Maybe even none but I'm not 100% sure). Maybe you meant raising the temperature twice with one card (so 4 degrees) which is certainly possible and gives you 2 TR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Nettelnstrot
Germany
Oelde
flag msg tools
www.oelder-spieletreff.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 degrees in one turn - that´s what I meant, right.

So in short:
Every greenery/ocean gives you 1 TR. Placing 2 greeneries in 1 action gives you 2 TR.
Same goes for temperature: Every temperature-step (they´re shown in 2 degree gradation) gives you 1 TR. Pushing the temperature from -10 degrees to -6 degrees, for example, gives you 2 TR, even if pushed in one action, stated by a card.

Right?

Thank you anyway. I appreciate that a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go1jo wrote:

So in short:
Every greenery/ocean gives you 1 TR. Placing 2 greeneries in 1 action gives you 2 TR.

That is almost correct; just to avoid any confusion, let's make it more precise.

Raising the O2 level one step raises your Terraforming Rating one step.
Placing a greenery tile causes the Oxygen level to increase, as indicated by the O2 symbol on the tile, and it is that rise in O2 that gives you the TR boost, not placing the greenery tile itself. That's why placing a greenery tile after the O2 is maxed out does not give you a TR boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Laubender
Germany
München
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go1jo wrote:
Placing 2 greeneries would be 2 actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Foamheart wrote:
Go1jo wrote:
Placing 2 greeneries would be 2 actions.

Not necessarily. I don't remember a card right now, but if playing a single card let you place two greeneries, it would be one action. But if you buy it from Standard Projects or with Plants, it's two actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe there's any such card . . . in the game as it exists, there's no way to place two greenery tiles in a single action.

(Expansions are coming, though, and who knows what they will bring!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Laubender
Germany
München
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
Not necessarily. I don't remember a card right now, but if playing a single card let you place two greeneries, it would be one action. But if you buy it from Standard Projects or with Plants, it's two actions.
You are right. I didn't consider that the OP was specifically referring to a card action. I wanted to point out, that turning 16 plants in 2 greeneries would be 2 actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
spartax wrote:
I don't believe there's any such card . . . in the game as it exists, there's no way to place two greenery tiles in a single action.

Indeed. Although I think there is at least one card that bumps oxygen twice, as one action (and gaining two TR). It just doesn't place greenery tiles.

Also there is no card that bumps temperature by 4 as in the OP's initial question. More broadly, there appears to be no way to bump temperature 5 times in two actions. Hence it is impossible to take both heat production bonuses in one turn if the temp has not yet moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
spartax wrote:

Indeed. Although I think there is at least one card that bumps oxygen twice, as one action (and gaining two TR). It just doesn't place greenery tiles.

Also there is no card that bumps temperature by 4 as in the OP's initial question. More broadly, there appears to be no way to bump temperature 5 times in two actions. Hence it is impossible to take both heat production bonuses in one turn if the temp has not yet moved.

It is possible to raise temperature 5 in 2 actions. Deimos Down will raise it by 3 and there are a number of events that give a 2 point increase.

Of course whether that is viable on cost grounds so early in the game that the temp hasn't moved previously is a different question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
It is possible to raise temperature 5 in 2 actions. Deimos Down will raise it by 3 and there are a number of events that give a 2 point increase.

Of course whether that is viable on cost grounds so early in the game that the temp hasn't moved previously is a different question.

Aha! Deimos down, missed that one. Now I have a plan arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.