Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a deck I built that is really giving my wife's Miskatonic-Agency deck a run for its money:

CHARACTERS (Cost Description, Qty, Faction):

1 Degenerate Serpent Cultist, x1, C
1 Innsmouth Troublemaker, x2, C
1 Ocean Crawlers, x2, C
1 Seeker of Mysteries, x2, N
2 Lord of the Silver Twilight, x3, C
2 Shadowy Figure, x2, C
2 Danny O'Bannion's Crony, x2, S
2 Extortionist, x2, S
2 Triggerman, x2, S
2 Anarchist, x2, S
3 Ravenous Piranhas, x2, C
3 Carl Stanford, x2 C
3 Cthuloid Spawn, x2, C
3 Smuggler, x2, S
3 Hired Mystic, x2, S
4 Shadow Spawned Hunting Horror, x1, C
4 Ravager from the Deep, x1, C
6 Cthulhu, x2, C (the pay 3 to sacrifice opponent's character one)

SUPPORT

1 Bitemarks, x2, C
2 Temple of R'lyeh, x2, C
2 Alhazred Lamp, x2, S
2 Dutch COurage, x1, S

EVENTS

1 Eldritch Nexus, x2, N
1 Primal Fear, x2, C
1 Get it off!, x2, C
2 Feeding Frenzy, x3, C

Total Cards -- 50

In our games, I am able to get lots of cheap, nasty characters out early. If I can get a good supply of them out before her heavy hitting Investigators are on the table, I will usually win the first and perhaps even second story card before she is able to win one. Then I stall until I can get the Temple and Cthulhu in play and it's all over.

Even if I don't get to drop the C hammer, I have a really good mix of struggle icons and effects to multiply them. She has a lot of characters with Willpower, Toughness that provide lots of Investigate and Combat icons. Primal Fear lets me conquer Willpower. The Cthuloid Spawn and Ravager and Feeding Frenzy let me wound her even if I don't win the combat struggle. Get it off! helps me deal with some of her really powerful attachments. The Nexus gives me extra domains so that I can pop my "Pay 1" effects. Dutch courage helps me absorb wounds in the Combat Struggle. Lord of the Silver Twilight and Seeker of Mysteries help me get my bad boy out early and save me having to build up a large resource base.

In short, I'm able to hit her from multiple different directions and keep her off balance. I usually find that I have multiple ways to handle whatever she might throw at me. So far, this deck has been a winner for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Charles
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the deck recipe!

At this point, I haven't really been super inspired with Syndicate deck designs so this may be really helpful.

What sets/expansions did you pull from to make this? Just curious how far off I am in cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
great to see a deck posted!!

Kinda wish you made it at cardgameDB so I can see the actual cards : ) I haven't got the pool memorised so it is hard to comment : (
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
great to see a deck posted!!

Kinda wish you made it at cardgameDB so I can see the actual cards : ) I haven't got the pool memorised so it is hard to comment : (

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/callofcthulhu/call-of-ct...

Hopefully, you can access it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.