6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Question on cumulative damage. Scoundrel Build (mild spoilers). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael L

Minnesota
msg tools
Ok...so I know the scoundrel really excels at doing LARGE amounts of damage, especially to single targets...

They have many different situational attacks that can do 7ish damage.

So pairing any of these relatively common attacks, with "smoke bomb's" ability to multiply damage x2 when invisible with "single out" adding an additional +2 with...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"Spring the trap" which again doubles the damage when in the correct situation

Is my math correct when I get...

7 (base) + 2 (single out) = 9
9 x 2 (smoke bomb) = 18
18 x 2 (spring the trap) = 36 before modifying... so on a crit you would do a total of 72 damage?

Is this correct? I'm able to routinely do 16+ damage using only level 1/X cards...don't get me wrong...it's AWESOME, but seems a little crazy.

What's the most damage anyone's pulled off? I've done 18 and also pulled a null on 18.

It was brutal and awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liang Xia
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Not exactly the same thing but I have 100-0ed a boss in two turns after revealing it as a Mindthief doing a total of 24 damage before it could do anything (invisibility)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oversized wrote:
Ok...so I know the scoundrel really excels at doing LARGE amounts of damage, especially to single targets...

They have many different situational attacks that can do 7ish damage.

So pairing any of these relatively common attacks, with "smoke bomb's" ability to multiply damage x2 when invisible with "single out" adding an additional +2 with...

"Spring the trap" which again doubles the damage when in the correct situation

Is my math correct when I get...

7 (base) + 2 (single out) = 9
9 x 2 (smoke bomb) = 18
18 x 2 (spring the trap) = 36 before modifying... so on a crit you would do a total of 72 damage?

Is this correct? I'm able to routinely do 16+ damage using only level 1/X cards...don't get me wrong...it's AWESOME, but seems a little crazy.

What's the most damage anyone's pulled off? I've done 18 and also pulled a null on 18.

It was brutal and awesome.

I don't know about doing that routinely, as there are plenty of variables, such as having those abilities available to use at the right time and not being on your discard pile, ally and enemy positioning, battle card draws etc.

If it were routine, it would take away some of the excitement of when do lay down some massive damage when all goes right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano Fish
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most I did was in the lower 30's.... But I definitely wouldn't call these types of crazy attacks "routine", as it requires a few rounds of set up to put everything in place. As I recall I had stacked the invisibilty bonus, plus the +2 attack persistent bonus card, plus using a loseable card that gives bonuses for adjacent allies AND a lone enemy.

And yeah, when I did that much damage in one hit I definitely re-counted like 3 times thinking it couldnt possibly be correct!

It is. And it's awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of her low card count, the Scoundrel loses the most when losing cards. Yes, extremely high damage is possible, but you will be losing 3-4 cards in the process, so that is pretty much all you would be doing in a scenario. Certainly worth it is some boss fights, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
侯 振宇
China
flag msg tools
As a 1-level Scoundrel I managed to deal 32 damage on a boss who has 6 armor with Trickster's reversal, Single out and Smoke bomb. It was supposed to be killed after doing some extra works to remove most of his armor, stop him from healing himself really quickly and get some pierce points. But I killed him as soom as he showed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.