Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Gamers,

I'm trying to decide how to spend my hard-earned cash and this game is near the top of my list.
I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what scenarios are available in the game and maybe a quick synopsis of them. I'm wondering how varied they are.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 3 scenarios in the game.

Scenario 1 has a "mid-game" setup that was used during game demos. Players have the option of assembling an ancient weapon that they can then use against the invading armies.

Scenario 2 is the base game experience.

Scenario 3 tasks the players with building an airplane so they can escape the invading armies. It's basically an alternate win condition, meaning all the generals don't have to be defeated to complete the game successfully.

The traitor scenario discussed in the Kickstarter didn't work out and was scrapped. I suspect the remaining scenario was held back for development/budget reasons and will reappear with a future ranger expansion. There was also talk about making a 5th General who rides a giant bat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played scenarios 1 and 2 several times. They definitely feel different. Not massively different, but different enough.

Scenario 1 starts with a lot of pressure from a board full of raiders. Also, players tend to scavenge more to try to find the parts to build the Lightning of the Ancients.

Scenario 2 starts a bit more relaxed. Players tend to go on more early adventures and/or pursue their mission. Scavenging is still useful, but is more opportunistic than a main focus.

All of the scenarios are infinitely repeatable, and will play out differently each time. It's a tried and true game system that works really well here, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt brings up an excellent point. There are some games that are heavily dependent on their scenarios, and have a "one (won?) and done" feel - perhaps because of a persistent leveling mechanic where playing the same scenario more than once doesn't provide any rewards, or maybe each scenario is part of an ongoing storyline.

The scenarios in Last Stand merely change up the win conditions and emphasize certain activities. There's no persistent state to track, so win or lose, you can replay them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe players will find the 3 scenarios in the base game will play differently each time as there are many variables to them by design.

Having said that, it is my hope to make at least 1 scenario available on line for free this before Gencon and hopefully have 8th Summit provide 2 or 3 more in a small expansion by year end. In fact it is my hope that we do a 3 Ranger Expansion pack also..

We will see, but that is my goal in supporting this game.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

I believe players will find the 3 scenarios in the base game will play differently each time as there are many variables to them by design.

Having said that, it is my hope to make at least 1 scenario available on line for free this before Gencon and hopefully have 8th Summit provide 2 or 3 more in a small expansion by year end. In fact it is my hope that we do a 3 Ranger Expansion pack also..

Richard

Awesome! Thanks for the info Richard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CAESAR
Sweden
Tenhult
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

Richard

A ranger pack would be awsome if you could get 8th Summit to publish that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.