Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Storage Options? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
So, I'm a bit of a "collector" and I imagine I'll eventually have all the expansions. As a result, I'm looking for some storage options for long-term.

I was wondering if anyone has any storage suggestions that can store everything from the expansions. So far, I've found these two:

This

And

This

However, the first one says it's "base game only" so I'm concerned about space for the cards, and the second one only lists a few of the expansions.

I'm wondering, for long-term, if anyone has better suggestions for storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
mbmbmbmbmb
Storage Trunk for Eldritch Horror ($240).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll wait until they stop doing expansions for this game. Then I'll start looking for a storage solution meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:

Note this is only $140 if you purchase unassembled - warning that shipping is killer because it's large and heavy.

This is the only one-stop solution I'm aware of that handles everything out today (including Dreamlands) with space for even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go7Gaming has inserts for the base game and expansions. If you sleeve and have everything you may need the base organizer and two expansion ones though I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frisches wrote:
Go7Gaming has inserts for the base game and expansions. If you sleeve and have everything you may need the base organizer and two expansion ones though I think.

This.

The thing about the Go7Gaming system is the insert is designed to fit into the base game box and also fits a few expansions. They also sell expansion modules which fit in the expansion boxes and hold whatever else is released. Every other EH insert will eventually become full but with the Go7Gaming inserts you can buy them as you need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ball
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just got this nice box today with custom etching on the lid

Then just keep the boards and tokens in the core game box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Graham
msg tools
mb
I use the inserts from Daedalus to organize mine. It requires two boxes (the main EH box and one of the big box expansions) but it fits everything with the exception of Cities in Ruin, which I do not have yet.

Main box. Fits base game, MoM and Forsaken Lore:

http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/quick-start-in...

Big box expansion. Fits all expansions except for Cities in Ruin:

http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/quick-start-in...

I really like the inserts, they've been a lifesaver. However I just received and put together the expansions one today, so it'll take a second for me to see how much I like it. But so far I'm pretty impressed, and it has (at least for now) solved all of my storage issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
REBELinBLUE wrote:
I just got this nice box today with custom etching on the lid

That looks damn awesome.

Was this custom made? Or did you order from a store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added in the Dreamlands and still have everything (main game, all expansions) in two boxes using one plano, one custom cut down card box and some ultra pro card boxes. yay!

Just a tiny bit of room left now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ball
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is Big Card Case from http://www.basicallywooden.co.uk/our-collections/card-game-b... just with a Custom Etching
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birkai Qutuz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-22-Compartment-22-in-Connec...

In the top level I have all the tokens, bits, small cards and character/ancient one sheets. In the bottom I have ALL the regular sized cards and my bag of monsters. All I did was take a bunch of flashcards I wrote labels on and made 2 cuts to fit them between cards for organizational purposes. I have every expansion released and I am comfortably able to handle maybe 3-4 more big boxes. A great feature is that all the storage trays are removable so I can bring stuff closer or rearrange the whole thing as I see fit. It's cheap too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Actually, I went with Go7Gaming's solution and love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apophis775 wrote:

I went with the very first version of the Daedalus insert and I liked it a lot. Then I shifted it to the upgrade when it was available. It served its purpose fairly well, but the problem was that each card insert was designed for a specific set number of cards in some cases with little room for expandability.

I eventually switched over to the go7gaming inserts and found that I liked them more. The mdf is sturdier, and there are plenty of dividers for the cards. For now, I store everything, sleeved, in 2 EH core/expansion boxes. There's quite a bit of box lift due to the nature of the expansion boards, but once cities in ruin comes out, I'll probably use the 3rd box (and 2nd expansion insert) and I'll have more than enough room for additional expansions and upgraded bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.