Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dungeon Drop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - I can't believe it's not clearer to me from the rules, but here's a stupid question: Do the Once Per X room abilities "activate" the room, such that you turn them sideways and get them back at the end of the round? There are some cards that explicitly say to ACTIVATE a particular room, but it *seems* logical that using a Once Per ability would also... but I can't find that in the rules.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We turn them sideways (as Magic the Gathering is our normal callback) to show that it's been used. Otherwise, when they explicitly say to activate, we take that as a "You can, but you don't have to".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dungeon Drop!
mbmbmbmbmb
androidodnetnin wrote:
We turn them sideways (as Magic the Gathering is our normal callback) to show that it's been used. Otherwise, when they explicitly say to activate, we take that as a "You can, but you don't have to".

Yes, but my real question is, when you use a room's ability (and cosmetically turn it sideways to denote that), is THAT considered "Activation" from a rules perspective? If so, it means adventurers will skip over that room, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little unclear on what rooms we're talking about. I personally only "tap" my rooms when they are DEactivated, as that it what causes them to be skipped.

I can't remember which rooms use the word "activate". I thought most of them just said, "pay X to do Y" or something similar, and this can be done multiple times per turn, if you can pay X multiple times.

If something says that it can only be done once per turn, you just remember not to do it again, but it doesn't stop the room from dealing damage (unless dealing damage was the thing that it said could only be done once per turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dungeon Drop!
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
If something says that it can only be done once per turn, you just remember not to do it again, but it doesn't stop the room from dealing damage (unless dealing damage was the thing that it said could only be done once per turn).

I'd have to find examples of these cards when I'm not at work, but this is exactly what I was asking... those cards don't say "deactivate to do X", they just can only be done once per turn. So I was wondering if that counted as a case where you should actually deactivate the room. Sounds like no.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. You only deactivate if something like Freeze tells you to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.