Subject: soooo close... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played some solo SoB with a priest, a rancher and a scout. I first completed the introduction mission. In the city I had my priests nose glued back on, bought some more whiskey, my rancher exchanged stories with soldiers, I sold the dark stone I found due to a lack of cash, and bought a hunting knife for the scout.

The heroes then got the mission to find a missing farmers son. Things at first went quite well. They entered the mine, found some useful stuff. The next room was knee deep in murky water, which allowed the group to find more stuff, but slowed down their progress, which was annoying enough since any delays would increase the risk of the son having been killed.

The scout looked into the next room, where a strange portal appeared, through which all kinds of monsters came through. More accurately: nearly a dozen undeads, some corpse piles were there and half a dozen hellbats. The fight took quite a while, and especially the hellbats were attacking my rancher relentlessly, who was stuck in the murky water. Then even the thrown dynamite missed. And when the fight was about to end, there was an ambush by even more undeads.

But then the heroes made it however, and reached the second level, which was quite necessary considering the state they were in. So the group proceeded through the portal, and the heroes found themselves once again in deeper water. They looked through one exit, where they just saw a short passage, and then decided to pick the other one. And there he was, the farmers son. Next to him stood a harbinger and two slashers.

The group focused on bringing down the harbinger first, and due to some lucky priest sermons and good hits from the rancher, it died at some point, but not before summoning more hellbats. But even those were taken down, though one of the two slashers beat up the scout, who came back to life (due to the revive token). Finally, only one slasher was left. Mind you, the darkness was creeping on constantly, and since the group was stuck in a room with some lake in it, it was harder than normally to keep it back. So, when the darkness moved on another time, an ambush attack, by three tentacles. Due to different events, the tentacles had not only the increased initiative, but also increased damage AND increased combat. Combine that with the still living slasher, some unlucky rolls, and they tore the group apart. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.