Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm currently trying to beat the Nightmare version of Escape From Dol Guldur. As we know, the players cannot play more than one ally per round. My question is whether playing an event (such as Sneak Attack) or another ally (such as Filli & Killi) that bring an ally into play count toward this restriction?

My initial feeling is this would be legal since I've not paid to play this ally card, but I didn't see this in the FAQ and couldn't find it elsewhere in the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
Yes, it is legal. Putting a card into play (through a card effect) is not the same as playing a card (by paying its resource cost).

This is, subtly, clarified in the FAQ in the example in section 1.16:

"Example: The quest Through the Caverns (CORE 124) has the text, "The players, as a group, cannot play more than one ally card each round." While this quest is active, a player can put an ally into play with Stand and Fight (CORE 51), even if an ally has already been played this round."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.