4 Posts

Elder Sign: Omens of the Deep» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need clarification on a few rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Oleson
msg tools
1. Deep One Legion:

If you defeat one and pay the cost, do you keep it as a trophy and return it to the pile once it's spent, or do you just not get it?

2. The Amulet pieces

In setup it says randomly distribute them amongst the players. Do they have them then, in their inventory? So if I go to stage 2, as long as nothing caused me to lose them, I'm good? Or do I start with none and have to collect them? In 2 play throughs, it seemed pretty easy to avoid losing them.

3. Advancing to stage II

Can this be done by completing the adventures, or only by the Dark Waters? As in, if I complete the 2nd Adventure (whatever it's called), do I then proceed to Stage II, or is it simply complete and won't advance to stage 2 until the Dark Water omen gets there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
xzero1134 wrote:
1. Deep One Legion:

If you defeat one and pay the cost, do you keep it as a trophy and return it to the pile once it's spent, or do you just not get it?

You keep it as a trophy until it's spent; when you spend it, it's returned to the stockpule

xzero1134 wrote:
2. The Amulet pieces

In setup it says randomly distribute them amongst the players

Nope, the setup instructs players to gain one random broken amulet token as a group, meaning that this item is not keyed to a specific player (otherwise if that player's devoured, good bye token)

xzero1134 wrote:
3. Advancing to stage II

Can this be done by completing the adventures, or only by the Dark Waters? As in, if I complete the 2nd Adventure (whatever it's called), do I then proceed to Stage II, or is it simply complete and won't advance to stage 2 until the Dark Water omen gets there?

Please check Dane's official answer here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Oleson
msg tools
ALSO,

Is that game easier in general with 2 characters instead of 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
xzero1134 wrote:
ALSO,

Is that game easier in general with 2 characters instead of 4?

Yes: two characters pile up more stuff on themselves than 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.