Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rising Sun has barely started its Kickstarter Campaign and presumably isn't even in production yet, but already 108 Time-Travelers have risked the integrity of the space-time continuum in order to rate this game and tell us how good it is. It appears that among time-travelers, the game is either the best game that ever existed (66 votes rating it 9 or 10) or the worst game that ever existed (27 votes rating it a 1).

The funding of this game must be of vital importance to the future of mankind, considering how many people are will to risk having the universe disappear in a puff of paradoxes in order to convince us to fund / not fund the game with their ratings. (I'm sure many other people, like myself, also check the BGG rating of games before they are even released to decide if they will back it on KS or not.)

But I'm so torn as to what this actually means! Are there Time Terrorists trying to stop the funding that brings about a new planetary utopia? Or does the funding of Rising Sun lead to a Totalitarian World Government, causing some scrappy rebels (along with a wise-cracking side kick, and a loyal animal companion), to steal Time Traveling technology in order to prevent the funding that allows the evil world government to rise to power? Should I fund it to save the world? Or not fund it to save humanity?

Sure, the 10 ratings all say it's just to balance out the 1 ratings, but how can I believe that when there are twice as many of them? What vague yet menacing government agency is pulling the strings here, and what is their ultimate goal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Psy Congroo

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Every registered user can rate any game in the BGG database.

And

Quote:
...these ratings are entirely subjective,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Kathryn Janeway
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmb

I know just who to call!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:

Sure, the 10 ratings all say it's just to balance out the 1 ratings, but how can I believe that when there are twice as many of them? What vague yet menacing government agency is pulling the strings here, and what is their ultimate goal?

Well if I were a menacing government agency I would know that a single 10 does not really "balance out" a 1, unless you are aiming for a quite modest 5.5 overall. Hence I would need to deploy a couple operatives for every dissident to even get to 7.0!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep reading this title and thinking why it's not on the Anachrony forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

I spent a Warp tile to get Rising Sun last week, but I'm still waiting for the frigging rift to appear, almost one week later. What am I doing wrong? Did I forget to build the time machine next year? Or did I withdraw my pledge in two weeks' time? *whistle X-Files song* ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivans Ivanovs
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, it is sad that people are rating the game without actually having played it. More upsetting is the fact that people are downvoting the game for no objective reason/proof.

Reminds of the pandemic legacy/twillight struggle shenanigans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Fans are going to fan and haters are going to hate.

I've always disliked BGG allowing pre-release ratings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

I clicked on this thread strictly because I thought this was going to be an Anachrony joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Aronis
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pietro Pomella wrote:
Maebon wrote:

Well if I were a menacing government agency I would know that a single 10 does not really "balance out" a 1, unless you are aiming for a quite modest 5.5 overall. Hence I would need to deploy a couple operatives for every dissident to even get to 7.0!

Clearly it should be 9.7 at the worst. It is at least the equivalent of Breath of the Wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakkaof86 wrote:
Clearly it should be 9.7 at the worst. It is at least the equivalent of Breath of the Wild.

Congratulation, agent 86. You blew you cover up.
Please report to 2017 TimeT HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
If they used the median score and not average you'd see a lot less of those "balancing" votes. Doesn't solve the problem entirely but lessens it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Flint
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should visit Netrunner forums; most cards are damned as "un-competetive crap" before they are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitescreech wrote:
You should visit Netrunner forums; most cards are damned as "un-competetive crap" before they are released.

Er... most cards ARE un-competetive crap. Or at least they were. You usually had 1 or 2 good cards each datapack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
What we already, for sure, know: it can't be worse than Pandemic: Legacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Rothwell
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
what happened with pandemic legacy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.