David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.crokinoledepot.com

At the very bottom of that page - I finally ordered the 20 practice board (I'd been looking at it for a long time) it will be much easier to pull out and practice with compared to a full board. I hope the action is similar to my muzzles - I use carnauba wax on my muzzies so I'm hoping when I wax this one it will have a very similar feel. I can not find any reviews or anything else about this board anywhere!

Their 2-player only version is interesting too! Dunno if I need to own it - but could be a rather affordable and convenient way to get into Crok!

FYI - I posted about this almost 2 years ago but no one commented and I doubt anyone subscribed to me thread. So I made this new thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two-player board does look interesting, but I think the game would lose something not having the rest of the rings to leave your rebounded shots.

Am glad I can reply to your thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post my impressions of the 20-board shortly after a get it ... I have high hopes. I think Crokinole Depot, in general, sells high quality products. I know their discs are very good, potentially the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Cantrell
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
I'll post my impressions of the 20-board shortly after a get it ... I have high hopes. I think Crokinole Depot, in general, sells high quality products. I know their discs are very good, potentially the best.

Hey David, how'd that 20 board end up working out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djthree6t wrote:
telos81 wrote:

Hey David, how'd that 20 board end up working out?

oh yeah - i thought about responding recently and keep forgetting! thanks for the reminder ...

so ... a bit mixed to be honest. the board wasn't nearly as fast as my muzzies (with Carnauba wax) when i first got it ... so i waxed it and the 4 discs it came with and that pretty much did the trick. the dimensions are exactly the same as a full board, of course - that's the entire point of this product ... the lines are clear and thick, the pegs are brass with rubber tubing - standard for any quality board. there's one semi significant problem - there is a very noticeable bump on the right side. from the walled edge towards the 20-lane, about 3" long - right at the 5/10 line. the bump stops before the 20-lane so it doesn't really have an impact on the function of this product - i can still practice clean 20s with it. however if i wanted to practice coming in from the right side, this bump would be a significant factor ... i emailed Ray at Crokinole Depot about and we had a brief back-and-forth ... i sent hime pictures but he never replied after that. i could post pictures here if you care. again - this bump doesn't really affect the function of this board for me too much ... i am more concerned about crokinole depot's customer service and the quality of their 2-play travel game or their full-sized boards. if i got either of those boards with a bump like this it would not be at all acceptable ... and i'd like to be able to trust and rely on their products since muzzies isn't taking orders right now, would be nice to have more options for quality boards and i don't know if they really are good quality now.

i hope that makes sense ... bit of a rant, i know. overall, though, i'm happy i got it - i use it a lot. my 20 shooting has gotten better. it's much easier pulling this off a shelf to practice than a full board - i can put this practice board on a foot-stool we have and practice at night while watching tv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.