Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making my way through scenario 8 solo

Lucky capture of a operational Lz after eliminating units lucky die roll. Couldn't find anything in the rules but what happens to the counter. Should it be removed , placed 5 game turns ahead like the patrol counter or something else.

I have a second question which is this. I the FWA are being attacked in a op LZ. I get a retreat result and I use helos to remove the troops. Does the LZ get removed with the retreat or is it captured

I would say captured as I understand that the LZ is removed in the game record interphase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
I know of no special provision for the capture of an LZ. I believe the second paragraph of rule 13.1.1.2 would apply. That is, the LZ counter is simply removed at the end of the game turn and placed on the Game Information Display five turns ahead. Theoretically, the FWA would have until the end of the game turn to recapture the LZ (perhaps I'm overreaching here). Also, remember FWA occupying an Operational LZ can invoke No Retreat. Hope this helps.

Peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Roberto is correct, there are no special rules around getting your LZ overrun. Other than the shame of knowing that you screwed up...

In your second example, the LZ would be removed at the appropriate time per 13.1.1.2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It does count as "captured" for any victory conditions/points related to doing so, but otherwise correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Morehouse
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wrong, Operational LZ Captured

PAVN Gets the VP's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.