Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Simple Strategic Game rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordi Haro
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Wondering If anyone know rules for a generic strategic game someone can use to build his own wargames. Something simple in the style of old PC games like North and South or the famous Total War series. So I can create my own maps and then use the rules to play it.

Wondering If is something like that out there.

BTW I accept home rules, no need to be a commercial game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well...it looks like I was wrong. Your question is not attracting any more attention here in the wargame subdomain than it was in the forums section.

My guess is that wargamers do look at threads outside the wargame subdomain and had already checked your thread out.

My suggestion is still the same. Take any game with simple elegant rules that you like and just use it on a new map. Pick a game with few exception and special rules. Also pick a game with similar scale, historical period, weapons and terrain to what you are looking for.

Have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is the question was too generic.

Did he want a miniature ruleset or rules for a boardgame ? What period ? What scale ?

Experience says the OP hasn't thought this through enough, so any efforts expended here are in essence wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabricio Delgado
msg tools
Have you seen the FUBAR System?
It's really simple, and you can adapt the rules to your needs quick and easy.
https://fubarwargames.wordpress.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Haro
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
The problem is the question was too generic.

Did he want a miniature ruleset or rules for a boardgame ? What period ? What scale ?

Experience says the OP hasn't thought this through enough, so any efforts expended here are in essence wasted.

Boardgame, any era (before mecanization of course), it should be as generic as possible, scale, armies moving trough large areas, periods of 2 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, you might want to take a look at Berthier - a campaign management system

https://sites.google.com/site/berthiercampaignmanager/

and http://www.juniorgeneral.org/ for a set of rules

or google "imaginations wargame rules" for a whole lot of private and club efforts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Haro
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! Will check both sites

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
RealDarko wrote:
Wondering If anyone know rules for a generic strategic game someone can use to build his own wargames. Something simple in the style of old PC games like North and South or the famous Total War series. So I can create my own maps and then use the rules to play it.

Wondering If is something like that out there.

BTW I accept home rules, no need to be a commercial game.

Thanks!

I haven't played it myself but it sprang to mind when I read "generic strategic" (there are a few expansions for it as well):
Victory: The Blocks of War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.