United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this today with two other players, one of whom had only played base Orleans before (and only the once).

He raised an interesting questions I couldn't answer:

We were maybe 3 quarters of the way through the game, and had the warehouse full (10 wheat, 5 cheese, 5 wine). We flip over our next event tile and its the Rats event (at the end of the round remove 2 wheat and 1 cheese from the warehouse).

His questions was: can we add additional stock to the warehouse (taking us beyond the 10/5/5 requirements) so that when the rats take their share we still have enough?

We played it that we could because it seems like a sensible strategy; forward planning and using available space (and also our choice to use valuable actions to do that and not something else).

Now I'm home and thinking it through I'm thinking we shouldn't, as you couldn't do it in a 5 player game (as there is no spaces). If you can't do it at one player count, you shouldn't do it at another.

Thoughts? TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sorich
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To your question, I would agree that you shouldn't fill the warehouse past the player count goals.

There is a way to mitigate the effects of Rats. If at all possible, try not to fill your warehouse with the wheat and cheese those pesky rats are looking for. May be easier said then done, however, my group was able to do just that twice already!

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrissorich wrote:
To your question, I would agree that you shouldn't fill the warehouse past the player count goals.

There is a way to mitigate the effects of Rats. If at all possible, try not to fill your warehouse with the wheat and cheese those pesky rats are looking for. May be easier said then done, however, my group was able to do just that twice already!

Good luck!

Sadly we had been efficient and already completed filled the warehouse, so didn't have much choice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.