Subject: Rules query: Anastasia Luccio vrs Death Masks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
City of Edinburgh
flag msg tools
We recently Played Death Masks, and I played Anastasia. Two of her cards seem to clash with two of the book cards.

e.g.:
Strategy - Divide 5 clues amoung any cases in range (Each must get at least 1 clue)
vrs
Marcone's Involvement - Cannot recieve clues until ALL other cases have been solved.

Pyromantic Precision has a similar issue with Count Ortega.

There seems to be several options:
1) Anastasia's player can't play the card if the relevant 'problem' card is in range, as they cannot fufil the requirement of having a clue/hit on each case/enemy in range. This seemed a bit harsh and we assumed this was not right.

2) The 'problem' card absorbs one clue/hit with the rest going on other relevant cards. This is the one we went with for the game.

3) The Problem card is ignored as a 'target' for the effect leaving five clues/hits for the other cards.

Also what happens in the incredibly unlikely event that there are 6 'targets' (cases or enemies) in range (side jobs/small favours). I assume the player chooses five of the viable cards to put a clue/hit on?

Cheers

P.S. Love the game, and the small touches such as the double sided divider cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
magika7 wrote:
3) The Problem card is ignored as a 'target' for the effect leaving five clues/hits for the other cards.

This answer is correct. I know (before y'all point it out) that this is not entirely consistent with the normal pattern of how effects in this game are implemented in regard to blocked targets, but interpreted otherwise, this effect becomes too difficult to play at all.

magika7 wrote:
Also what happens in the incredibly unlikely event that there are 6 'targets' (cases or enemies) in range (side jobs/small favours). I assume the player chooses five of the viable cards to put a clue/hit on?

You are correct, Anastasia would choose 5 out of the 6 to target in this scenario.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hoiland
United States
Sidney
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric, thank you for your fantastic rules support! My wife is a magnet for these kinds of edge cases in all games so I'm glad I'll have a great resource once my copy arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I am doing my best to keep up with all the threads. I'm sure I've missed the question here or there :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
City of Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Thats fantastic! Thanks so much Eric it is really appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.