Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Strongholds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I have been watching the discussions about what should be a stretchgoal and what should not. For the most part I am pretty ok with all the stretchgoal. I don't even mind the foxclan being several stretchgoals. (Although it is strange to me that if we couldn't make all the foxclans stretchgoals in total we woudldn't be able to get all the materials needed to play this clan?)

Anyways my main concern really is strongholds. How are these stretchgoals? They seem to be an intrigal part of the game. So people who don't back the kickstarter won't have those? And simply can't play the game as intended?

As a side note, there is the "extra" bushi sculps. Are these just esthetics? Or do they actually have different abilities? I can imagine it will be pretty wierd to tell people that play the game with me. Well these 3 bushi are the same as these 3 bushi, but these other 3 others that are also different are shinto do something else.gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Velorian wrote:
1. my main concern really is strongholds. How are these stretchgoals? They seem to be an intrigal part of the game. So people who don't back the kickstarter won't have those? And simply can't play the game as intended?

2. there is the "extra" bushi sculps. Are these just esthetics? Or do they actually have different abilities? I can imagine it will be pretty wierd to tell people that play the game with me. Well these 3 bushi are the same as these 3 bushi, but these other 3 others that are also different are shinto do something else.

1. Strongholds are cardboard tokens in the retail version (also see: the demo).

2. Alternate sculpts just for fluff (like Blood Rage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the unlikely event that not all of the stretch goals for the full Fox clan components are hit, CMoN would almost certainly include them anyway. They generally will award unfinished stretch goals at the end of a campaign. They're all planned out ahead of time as part of the KS package anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will have colored bases to put on the Shinto to distinguish them from the Bushi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Keese
Germany
Lauenau
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if CMON offered the Alliance Tokens and Castle Strongholds as add-ons, too :-)
¨

Thinking bigger and beyond «Rising Sun»:

The Alliance Tokens and Castle Strongholds would make fantastic replacements for inferior game components and pieces in half a dozen other games.

It would be great if CMON offered them as add-ons, too, so one could get a few etra packs in order to use them with other games and as toys for the children. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do! For a mere $100, you can buy an "add-on" that includes 24 more stronghold miniatures (4 of which are KS exclusive). And as a KS bonus, those strongholds come with an additional complete copy of Rising Sun!

For those on a budget, they also have a $50 option for 8 strongholds (with alternate colors) and a free Dynasty Invasion expansion...

Sorry, I guess I'm in an odd mood today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.