Popular Tags: [View All]
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a planet that is on a space hex in the Local Stellar Group, but it's orbiting a star in the mid-range, do I get to score it twice? 1 pt for being in the Local Stellar Group and then another 2 points for being located by a mid-range star? I think so but wanted to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say only once. it's mentioned somewhere (can't remember where excactly) that it can happen that you have planets in the Local group while the star is in the medium.
you score for planets not for stars, so the location of the planet is what matters. scoring twice sounds like an exploit making certain locations worth way more then the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it did seem odd to score them twice. So the Final Scoring card should actually read:

* 1 Point for each Planet located in the Stellar Local Group

* 2 Points for each Planet located in a Mid-Range hex (as opposed to the current wording "located by a Mid-Range Star")

* 3 Points for each Planet located in a Long-Range hex (as opposed to the current wording "located by a Long-Range Star")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, only the position of the hex in which the planet is matters. Some stars are on the edge so that in some games there can be more or less planets in the areas.

Bye,
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.