Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Endure the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Attack Rules, Radar Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi everyone. Got this game and all expansions as a gift and was so pleased the game is really good! Real claustrophobic feel to it which we loved. Actually put down Blood Rage to play this a third time!
I'm a little confused over a couple of rules though.
Can a survivor or enemy use all their turns to attack? So, I can attack three times in my round one after another as my three actions?
If a radar token gets flipped because I moved one turn into line of sight, replace token with said minis, then on my next turn I move out of sight, what happens then? Is the swarm active or passive? Should the minis be replaced with the radar token? Or can I drop a hand grenade and wait for them to crerp forward...
The second question reminds me of Specter Ops and Stealth... Did the enemy really see me??!
Be great if someone could clarify.
I'm also glad the Void Cannon is powered with cells... I had fun blasting the Preacher at long range! But it was too easy!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeanWarrington wrote:
Hi everyone. Got this game and all expansions as a gift and was so pleased the game is really good! Real claustrophobic feel to it which we loved. Actually put down Blood Rage to play this a third time!
Can a survivor or enemy use all their turns to attack? So, I can attack three times in my round one after another as my three actions?

Yes you can. Monsters will only attack once per round though.

If a radar token gets flipped because I moved one turn into line of sight, replace token with said minis, then on my next turn I move out of sight, what happens then? Is the swarm active or passive? Should the minis be replaced with the radar token? Or can I drop a hand grenade and wait for them to crerp forward...

They will remain being miniatures, but they will be passive, unless at the start of the enemy phase they will hear noise or see a character.

The second question reminds me of Specter Ops and Stealth... Did the enemy really see me??!
I'm also glad the Void Cannon is powered with cells... I had fun blasting the Preacher at long range! But it was too easy!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
DeanWarrington wrote:
Thanks!

Hi Dean! Great to hear you're enjoying it, let's see if I can't clear a few things up for you:

1. A survivor may use all of their actions to attack.
2. Enemies may only use 1 of their actions to attack (see FAQ)
3. This will be covered in much more detail in the revised rulebook that is currently with the graphic designer, but yes, if you enter then exit an enemies LOS during your turn then they will follow you during the Enemy Phase.

Be sure to consult the PDF FAQ found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3n8sqg3ry1rbk8/Endure%20the%20Sta...

Also be sure to join the Facebook group They Who Endure the Stars https://www.facebook.com/groups/423141027878976/ where fans of the game discuss their adventures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:

3. This will be covered in much more detail in the revised rulebook that is currently with the graphic designer, but yes, if you enter then exit an enemies LOS during your turn then they will follow you during the Enemy Phase.

Wait what? In my thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1742856/more-rule-questions) I asked the same question, and someone said the opposite (that they will be passive), and afterward you answered that the questions were 'answered adequately'.

Quote:
The designer is still here, and still checking all forums everyday, but if I see questions being adequately answered by others then there's not much point in repeating what they just said.

So, can I assume that they will become active as the official ruling then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Faerun wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:

Wait what? In my thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1742856/more-rule-questions) I asked the same question, and someone said the opposite (that they will be passive), and afterward you answered that the questions were 'answered adequately'.

Quote:
The designer is still here, and still checking all forums everyday, but if I see questions being adequately answered by others then there's not much point in repeating what they just said.

So, can I assume that they will become active as the official ruling then?

Yes, which is why I stated that it will be covered in much more detail in the new official rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'll disregard the answers in the thread where I asked the same question then whistle

This makes me think of a possible house-rule though:

Either:
Sneak:
Move in and out LOS of an enemy. Roll a dice, on 5+, the enemy spotted you and you lose 1 resolve, and it will follow you next turn.

Or:

Sneak:
Use only 2 actions this turn, you can move in and out of LOS of an enemy without it spotting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like this sneak rule, makes sense... Survivors moving slower creeping against walls in the shadows waiting for the right time to move. Two actions sounds about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeanWarrington wrote:
I like this sneak rule, makes sense... Survivors moving slower creeping against walls in the shadows waiting for the right time to move. Two actions sounds about right.

Thanks! The problem is a bit that this is not a sneaky game at all though, as the monsters are easily disposed of with the right equipment. So it would have to go together with some houserules to up the difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.