Subject: This is more of a CFT Junior.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to DGA reviews video (thank you!) we can now properly compare the blue orange version with the Bang Wee version (Russia only I think). The blue orange version is like a "junior", kids version of the 60's themed KJFK airport original:

The movement to the takeoff point has been simplified - there's no VIP fastrack, nor any opportunity to cause a traffic jam by occupying all available slots (only 3 position B slots for example).

This version has all the airlines (players) having the same fleet makeup. The original had differing fleets compositions - one had 4 widebodys, one had 7 turboprops, thus offering up different strategies.

The weather's been simplified in this version - you cannot have a runway closure - the original had 2 runways available.

I can see this version doing well though, but possibly for the younger end of the board game market (demographic?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I only demoed the previous version once in Essen, but I would these are not simplifications, these are more like fixes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall agree to disagree here, the only fix I believe was needed to the original was to stop playing once a winner was determined, no need to sit around waiting for second place etc. & that fix was implemented in the rules.

Each to their own Gergo, thank you for your reply.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.