Captain Sonar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is announcing self-inflicted damage required? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gavin Winter

Durham
North Carolina
msg tools
If you are one space from an enemy sub and you fire a torpedo into its space that causes a direct hit the rulebook says the enemy captain must report that a direct hit occurred and that he took two damage. As the captain that fired the torpedo do you have to announce that you took an indirect hit? Obviously this makes your position very clear if you're required to tell the enemy team this, but the rulebook only specifies "enemy" captain here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The captain has to announce the hit, so that the first mate knows that he has to check a damage box. Same goes for the engineer when he causes system or reactor damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Winter

Durham
North Carolina
msg tools
Sure, I just felt that the captain might not be required to announce that to the enemy team. When we played and this happened I did announce it to the other team, but my team mates got upset with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Haszprunar
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the rules talk about the enemy captain only because nobody would think that you take damage from your own torpedo.
Honestly I would only do that if this hit was the winning move of this game, but that is a different conversation.

Our house rule is that all damage to a sub needs to be announced, regardless of the cause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine wrote:
The captain has to announce the hit, so that the first mate knows that he has to check a damage box. Same goes for the engineer when he causes system or reactor damage.

WhiteHawke wrote:
When we played and this happened I did announce it to the other team, but my team mates got upset with me.

Byte wrote:
Our house rule is that all damage to a sub needs to be announced, regardless of the cause.

Just noticed that Arnaud from Matagot gave my reply a thumbs up (and 1 GG); I guess that means our interpretation matches his intentions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.