Subject: Let's discuss! What do we know? Are you hyped? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Hassgård
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmb
So finally another game with the card building mechanic. I was never a fan of Mystic vale cause of the theme and it just looking boring to me. But i wonder if this will change that and be the card builder i have hoped someone would make. So what do we know about this game so far? Nothing except it having some animeish art and cardbuilding? It's just a few more days until they will show it off at Gama so maybe I'm just being excited for no reason right now? It easily jumped up to being the game i want to see the most at gama so far though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwin Hebot
msg tools
mbmbmb
The description says that it will be a trick-taking game. I like the idea that you can improve your cards, maybe add another suit to it or increase their value.
What I wonder is whether players take the cards from other players after winning a trick, maybe removing upgrades and using them themselves. Or something along the lines of Honshu where players can select one of the cards played in the trick to add to their tableau. Card crafting appears to be tricky mechanism to apply to trick-taking.
But I am definitely exicted and will check out Gamma reports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maybe start with equal decks and upgrade along some means? Kinda takes the variable hands out of the game. bummer. Winners winning more would be unfun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Hassgård
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree that trick-taking seems like an od choice of concept for this mechanic. From the twitter images it seems like we will get different heroes that can lvl up using card crafting. I assume that there will be some sort of hand management or ways to purchase better cards/heroes. Unless you start out with a drafted or chosen team of heroes (or one hero) that get better by some sort of trick mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwin Hebot
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for pointing to the Twitter images. The numbers on the top-left of the card clearly are the strength value of the character and they increase as you add weapons to the character. Probably you are limited to 2 weapon upgrades, but on the bottom there are four white circles maybe indicating that there are 4 types of upgrades? Red for left hand, blue for right hand, green for increasing the "base strength"? The fact, that there are also downgrades, e.g. a cabbage with -1 might mean that each round some upgrades are drawn for which players compete. The one loosing the trick being forced to take the remaining upgrade, which might be negative?

But we will see, GAMA Trade Show starts tomorrow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
I added some clarification to BGG's initial entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love trick taking games and I was excited to see how AEG would use the card crafting system in other games. Unfortunately I find myself immediately put off by the box art. The gal on the front looks like something out of Barbarossa. Seems like the game is trying to cater to a very specific audience of anime fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It has the "Big in Japan" stamp. So does that mean it already exists somewhere, in some form?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
I love trick taking games and I was excited to see how AEG would use the card crafting system in other games. Unfortunately I find myself immediately put off by the box art. The gal on the front looks like something out of Barbarossa. Seems like the game is trying to cater to a very specific audience of anime fans.

My primary gaming partner is my wife, and getting her to play this will be an uphill struggle. It does immediately remind me of this nsfw Kate Beaton comic.

sumsnu wrote:
It has the "Big in Japan" stamp. So does that mean it already exists somewhere, in some form?

It is a re-implementation of DaiFugo, according to the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its essentially Asshole, Great Dalmuti, etc but with card crafting. Its fun, games are short even at the larger player counts (unlike games like Dalmuti).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.