Subject: Running out of approval tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Marchetto
Italy
Latina
LT
flag msg tools
What happens if during scoring phase you run out of a certain color of exhibit approval tokens? Players can no longer approve those exhibit cards or you use something else as a placeholder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can use a suitable placeholder -- this would only happen in the last round, so I would simply set the card(s) aside with the rest of your approval tokens and count them as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a note on page 8, when the scoring phase is introduced:

Quote:
The midway coins, leader medals, and approval tokens awarded in the scoring phase are not limited. If any run out, use a pencil and paper to track them.

(It can only happen if you have a 3-way tie for 1st place with 5+ exhibits approved in one round and the maximum number of approvals in the other rounds in one area. It's possible, but it's pretty rare.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Marchetto
Italy
Latina
LT
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for the clarifications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you only get to approve a maximum of three cards for exhibit tokens, if you are 1st place, 1 for 2nd place, a tied 1st gets to change 2 cards for two tokens, at least in a three player. Somewhat different for 2 and 4 players. Have I misunderstood something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
I thought you only get to approve a maximum of three cards for exhibit tokens, if you are 1st place, 1 for 2nd place, a tied 1st gets to change 2 cards for two tokens, at least in a three player. Somewhat different for 2 and 4 players. Have I misunderstood something?

No, you are correct. However, over the course of 3 rounds, it is possible to run out of approval tokens since they are retained from round to round (particularly if there are a lot of ties - which is how you can get 5 or 6 approval tokens of one type distributed in one round, split among multiple tied players).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.